Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect no longer connecting to Naim Mu-So from Android Nexus 5 and Nexus 7

Solved!

Spotify Connect no longer connecting to Naim Mu-So from Android Nexus 5 and Nexus 7

I have spotify 3.4 on Android 5.1.1, and the Spotiy Connect has stopped working on my Naim Mu-so. Naim is not sure why, but of course thinks it is a Spotify problem. All other apps including radio through internet can be streamed through the Naim app on the Mu-so. It is just the spotify that is not working. It used the work. I cleared the cache and uninstalled both the Naim and Spotify apps. Powered off and then re-installed. Still did not work. 

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For me, a re-installation of the firmware of the Naim did the trick. In the Naim android app there is a place to re-install the firmware upgrade. After doing this spotify worked as it had before. Apparently something went wrong with my firmware installation.

Best of Luck!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @asmyth

Many thanks for your post on the Spotify Community.

We'd love to take a look at your trouble. To do so, could you let us know the following:

• Version of Spotify that you're using
  • Make and Model of the device you're using
  • Have you tried a reinstall of the Spotify app?
  • Does Factory resetting the Naim device help out?
  • Are both devices connected to the same WiFi network?

Let me know this information and how these steps help. I'd love to help.

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Connect was working fine from my Android phone and also my windows PC

but last weekend in stopped working. I've rest ny Naim Mu-so, reset my router and deleted and reloaded Spotify

but it's still the same.

I sorted it. Just needed to do a full factory reset on the Mu-so. Forgot to hold the reset in for the full 6 seconds so it wasn'r

resetting before. Always pays to read the manual!

Marked as solution

For me, a re-installation of the firmware of the Naim did the trick. In the Naim android app there is a place to re-install the firmware upgrade. After doing this spotify worked as it had before. Apparently something went wrong with my firmware installation.

Best of Luck!

Hello:

My data:

* MARANTZ SR5009

* yes

* yes

* yes

I think the problems are dede install musiXmatch. Although I have already uninstalled, but spotify connect disconnecting the second.

I have a Denon AVR-X4100W and have the same problems. Regardless if I am running from Pc or Android.have tried firmware update as well as factory reset on me receiver. Internet radio is working fine as well as my WiFi.

I had the same issue. Did a factory reset on the Muso. Didn’t help. Then deleted the Spotify app on my phone and reinstalled. And it started working fine!

The fact that these things are so random is so frustrating. There’s no telling which one of the suggested solutions would work for you, so the only thing to do is, try one by one, making sure you isolate and eliminate each of the factors that could go wrong in every attempt. 

Good luck!

Suggested posts