Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect on Fire HD8

Spotify Connect on Fire HD8

My Question or Issue

Hi Support/Community,

my daughter has a Fire HD8 tablet and we have a Family account. This works fine! BUT when she wants to hear the music on a google nest mini or an other device, the devices do not appear in the spotify connect option!

If we use the voice command "hey google, play music from spotify" it starts continuing the music from the Fire HD8 tablet and the device is shown on the tablet! 

Why it is not possible to do this directly in the app? all of the app-permissions are activated in the App-Info section. But there are only: camera, contacts, microfone, storage. I've never had this problem with an android smartphone or an iOS device!

Is this not possible with a fire os device?

Plan

Premium

Country

AUSTRIA

Device

Amazon Fire HD8 (8.Gen)

Operating System

Fire OS 7.3.2.2

1 Reply

Hey there @heinerrich

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you to check if the OS and the firmware of your devices have any pending updates. 

Additionally, we'd recommend making sure all the devices are connected to the same network. 

However, keep in mind that we don't officially support the tablet's OS (Fire OS) so we can't guarantee it'll work as expected. For more info, you can check this article. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts