Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect only good for a couple of tracks then stops

Spotify Connect only good for a couple of tracks then stops

When I connect my Nexus 5 to play through my Nexus 7 which is connected to the stereo, the Nexus 5 only has control for a couple of songs. The Nexus 7 will continue playing but Spotify stops on the 5. When I restart Spotify on the 5, the 7 stops, the 5 jumps to the next song and pauses. Then when I hit play they are no longer connected so I need to pause and reconnect the 7.

Then it will work for about 2 tracks and we are back where we started. 

For me it doesn't look like Spotify can "play all this music on your speakers, and control it wirelessly from your mobile"

3 Replies

Connect works fine for me. What do you mean when you say that "spotify stops" on the N5? What exactly is happening?

What I mean is the Spotifay app is not responsive. If maximised it is stopped on the song that it stopped on while the Nexus 7 has moved on. If it was in the notification area, then it is no longer there. Stopped.

The controlling device screen not always updating seems to happen occasionally to me too. Just waiting until the other device starts a new track normally causes it to update or selecting another track too. There's a bug topic here.

Suggested posts