Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect remote volume control fails to alter volume

Spotify Connect remote volume control fails to alter volume

Client: Windows and Android (current releases)

Host: Spotify Music - for Android TV (0.7.3)

Host HW: Nvidia Shield TV (FW 3.2)

Relevant config: HDMI-CEC volume control is enabled on the Nvidia Shield so that OS volume level adjustment commands are passed via HDMI to a connected AVR.

Repro:

1/ Open host app

2/ Open client app

3/ On client, select host in Spotify Connect menu

4/ Select music on client and begin playing on host

5/ Attempt to set volume for the host using client volume adjustment.

6/ Volume sliders move on client but host volume level does not change.

Expected behavior: Volume level set using the client should be reflected on the host. If host volume setting unsupported, client volume controls should be temporarily disabled whilst particular host is selected in Spotify Connect menu.

3 Replies

Stil not fixed. I can't control the volume for spotify remote at my phone/pc have to adjust volume with remote of the tv.

using spotify with nivdia shield tv app.

This is caused by the fact that the application does not hold enough privilege.

Under some circonstance the shield is under the impression that the volume change will affect the do not disturb mode, and as the spotify app does not hold that privilege is fails.

Adding this permission to the app manifest would be a way to fix this (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39151453/in-android-7-api-level-24-my-app-is-not-allowed-to-mute-...)

Same problem here. Volume slider on Shield remote and Shield controller are working flawless with CEC to AVR.

Spotify host app on Android telephone (Oneplus3) sends signal to shield via volume buttons, but it seems that only the internal volume from the Shield responds without affecting the CEC volume to AVR.

Suggested posts