Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect stop playing after one song

Spotify Connect stop playing after one song

Plan

Premium for family

Country

Norway

Device

Galaxy S7 and Samsung laptop

Operating System

Android 8.0.0 and Windows 10, last update

My Question or Issue

I have been using Spotify Connect through a Yamaha WXAD 10 Wireless Streaming Adapter (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-WXAD10-Wireless-Streaming-Adapter/dp/B072BHJ8WF) connected through wireless WIFI, not LAN, for five months without a problem, but yesterday afternoon Spotify started to show a bizarre behaviour:

I was playing an album through my phone, and after one song, Spotify stopped and it would not play the nex song, even if i tapped the forward-button.

Tried to open other albums. It played one song, but then stopped instead of playing the next.  Then I tried to play from the Windows laptop, and same happened there. When playing Spotify on the phone using "Play from this device", it also stopped after one song. Same happened on desktop using "Play from this device".

But then, last night: I could play an album through, and switch to another album. This morning I tried to change to another album ... and the problem came back: Not possible to play the followin song.

Then I left home for work, and volila: Spotify worked as usual playing next song without a hitch. When I came to work, I could play Spotify without problems on my computer.

Have tried the following:

- Reinstall Spotify on my laptop

- Restart phone and laptop

- Removed cache from Spotify app on phone

- restarted the streaming adapter. 

Hope somebody can help.

4 Replies

could have something to do with the problem described in this thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Can-t-connect-to-Chromecast-audio-anymore/m-p/4820087/highl...

if you have the same problem, you presumably can stream albums from an artist page but not from the library. playlists should stream without problems too.

It seems, the problem appears only if you stream albums stored in your library.

Interesting! I will check if it is like songs in albums no longer cast, and yet songs inside a playlist do cast. 

When I see this is a problem with Chromecast too, I (hopefully) hope it is nothing wrong with my Musiccast streamer

****UPDATE***

I discovered that when I played songs from playlists, the problem did not happen.  Then I did the following on my laptop:

1. I tried to play this album from my library:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/511SzueJf7RdejMbc4GMCi?si=h3OwaJ9TRROfcMwurbC-XA
  2. The first song played, but it stopped after that song, and it was impossible to make it play the next song.
  3. Then I removed the album from my library
  4. Then I tried to play the first song again. It finished .... and ..... it went on to play the next song without a problem!

Spotify: Get your s**t together - this is NOT what I am paying for! This make me feel I am playing something from the net in 2001, not 2019! 

Hello 

Same problem here
Using Spotify Connect on a Yamaha RN301

Sometimes, it works like a charm all day, I can control it via iPhone app, or Mac app, or even with both apps shut down and just the Yamaha remote (amazing!)

But some other days, when I tell Spotify (either iPhone or Mac) to stream to my Yamaha, it stops after one track... 

I then have to hit "Next", and it stops again at the end of the track.

Other info:

I play via playlists
Forcing Spotify to go to the end of the first song (minus 5 seconds), and have it launch the next one can solve the problem ! 

Suggested posts