Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect stopped working with Pioneer SC-1223

Solved!

Spotify Connect stopped working with Pioneer SC-1223

Hi all,

I have a wired issue with Spotify Connect. I could see my Pioneer SC-1223 through the Spotify App on my Android device but when I try to connect to it the loudspeaker icon turns green and is flashing but after a while it turns grey again and the sound remains on the Android device.

Since now I did the following troubleshooting.

- Tried with Sony Xperia GO, Kindle Fire HD, iPhone 5s behavior on all devices the same, sound is not transferred to Pioneer SC-1223

- On my Sony Xperia Go I removed all Spotify Data, cleared the cache did a deinstall and reinstall with no success

- Did a factory reset on the Pioneer SC-1223 no success

- Tried to upgrade the firmware on the Pioneer SC-1223 was not possible as it stated that it has the latest. In both cases Internet and USB.

So I'm running out of ideas 🙂

The Pioneer SC-1223 is connect through Ethernet to the same LAN where my mobile devices are connected through WLAN.

And important to mention, the Pioneer app iControlAV 2013 is working on all mobile device just fine. (as well the Push Player to stream audio files from your mobile device to the Pioneer SC-1223)

Spotify Connect worked before and it looks like that it stopped working with one of the last updates but I could not tell you for sure as I did not used it for about 4 weeks.

Does anybody has an idea what else I could try to get it working again?

TIA

EDIT: of course I have a Spotify Premium account... just to make sure 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

sorry forgot to update with the latest status.

It is working again. But I could not exactly say what did the trick.

But I assume that it has to do with some of the update releases in the meantime.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have exactly the same problem.

I wonder if it's the router configuration. Is upnp enabled? What router are you using?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I powered up my SC-1223 for the first time yesterday so I have not tested so much, but spotify connect works perfectly on my minix and some other android-based products. I have a pretty old DSL-router, Intertex SurfinBird IX78 ADSL GW2 which I dont think have any upnp-settings at all.

What ports/protocols needs to be open in the firewall for Spotify connect? But I dont think my problem is there...

Marked as solution

Hi,

sorry forgot to update with the latest status.

It is working again. But I could not exactly say what did the trick.

But I assume that it has to do with some of the update releases in the meantime.

For me it works perfectly one day, then next day it not works at all. When it not works on my SC-1223, Spotify connect still works perfectly to my other spotify-clients. The difference is that my other spotify-clients (android phones and tablet and ipad and iphone) is already logged in to my spotify premium account. On the SC-1223 receiver I cant apply a Spotify account, if I have understood it right this is done automatically when I start spotify connect, can this automatic login process be the problem?

I had the same problem I just used the spotify.com "create device password" I didn't have one because I used my facebook account. After that I used the "logout everywhere" and suddenly when I logged back in my desktop the pioneer appeared again. I think the last one was the solution.

Suggested posts