Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect taking over my phone

Spotify Connect taking over my phone

Hi folks, got a bizarre issue.

I'm listening to music on my Anroid Nexus 5, minding my own business.  Suddenly the music changes to something else I have never listened to, and informs me I am controlling 'gti9195', which a Google suggests is a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.

If I switch back to what I was listening to, it switches back a minute later.  The only solution seems to be to disable wifi, so I guess it can't find other devices.

Any ideas what's going on here?

6 Replies

Sounds like you're logged in on someone else's phone in the same WiFi network as you. Have you shared your account details with anyone or logged on on their phone?

Can you try checking your Account page to see what devices are on your profile. Remove any you don't recognise and I'd also recommend changing your password.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestions.  The odd thing is the WiFi is disconnected, though it is 'on' when the problem occurs.

I don't share my passwords at all, it's odd that someone else would be using my details as I'm in an office of complete strangers right now!

I've deauthorised all devices and changed my password, let's see what happens.

OK, let me know if this fixes it (try turning WiFi back on and see). If all is OK we can close this one off.

Android Troubleshooting:

No joy, I flipped my wifi back on (not connected) and now I'm connected to 'iPhone' and my music has changed.

Passwords have been reset, there are no new devices registered on my account.  Very odd.

Will see if this persists when I leave the building.

If it still continues I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi!

I have another tip, hope can help.

----

You need to use the app Autostart and Stay! for that. With this app you can let Spotify autostart, keep it running and keep it on the front. There’s also an option to make sure it never gets locked. Search for the app in the Play Store. 

---

I have to quote here the source:

https://dedicatedspotifyserver.wordpress.com/

let me know if it helps!

Camillo

Suggested posts