Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect: the Spotify app shows the wrong song on the display

Spotify Connect: the Spotify app shows the wrong song on the display

If I …

- "Spotify Connect" start and connect to the remote device
- and I start a playlist to play
- and then take a new song that I add to the waiting list, using the choice options
- and when that added song is going to play then the app shows on the display not the song title

that actual plays but the next available number in the waiting list (is the former playlist)

Any idea how this is caused? Is it a bug?
Is there anyone familair with this problem?

Hendrik

( Android 4.2.2.

Spotify Premium, app version 2.1.0.903)

5 Replies

It is true, sometimes there is some delay before correct cover image if you listen over Connect. If you try to update your app, it should be better. At least on my device, Spotify is up and running on my phone as long as I play on connect. So it never closes. I suggest to try updates! However I don't know if this helps you... but me it helped really.

Thanks for your response.
However, I have the latest version of the Spotify app as far as I know.

And I've noticed that the phenomenon of the Spotify app does it also on another phone.

I also mailed with support of Spotify and this is their response:

"The problem you mention is indeed a bug and this is well known. The reason for this will probably be because there at one of the other devices you have connected on your network have selected that you see the number remains constant.

At the time you agree to other devices can look to see if the number on one of the devices is selected, and then one day of that device to log out. Then you can log in again on that device.

Hopefully this will be resolved quickly, but when exactly this will be is not yet known."

Yeah i have this problem too but its not really an inconvience to me. Happy to see it's a known issue though

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Check me out on Twitter
Did this solve your problem? If so mark it as solution or if you liked this post feel free to give me Kudos for it

I was about to report the exact same problem, it's really frustrating when remotely controling my laptop 😞

Suggested posts