Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect to Sonos not working in one account of Family Premium

Spotify Connect to Sonos not working in one account of Family Premium

Plan Premium Family

Country Germany

Device Any

Operating System Any

We are running a setup with several Sonos speakers and connect from different devices (Iphone/Mac/Android) via Spotify Connect.Although the different Sonos Speakers are shown in the Sonos Connect menu, it fails to connect. The Spotify app is on the latest version, I emptied the chache, logged out and in, switched the device off and on again, reinstalled the app but the issue remained.

I logged in with a different account from the same family premium plan and it worked. Any settings in the account that might cause the issue?

Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks for helping out!

5 Replies

Hey, @ullef 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Just for information, is it happening just with iOS devices? 

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thx, pleae note that I have done some A/B testing and that the issue is not related to the Device or the operating system of the device.

The problem existis on multiple devices and operating systems but only with one account out of our 5 family accounts.

Alright... Could you check on your account page if the Sonos app is consisting there? If it is, break the connection between Spotify and Sonos app and then try to reconnect them again and check if the issue is solved.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Thanks again - unfortunately not. By now I am guessing this might be due to an old android version (4.3)  that is running on 2 of the devices. Not much you can do about it in this case I guess.

Hey again, @ullef 

Could you try to log in these devices with another Spotify account? Just to check if the issue persists because of your devices age or any account problem...

Keep me posted! 

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts