Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Solved!

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Just got my android devices and my Windows PC updated today expecting some Spotify Connect goodness. Alas not one of my two android devices nor the PC seem to be able to find each other. I was under the impression that Spotify Connect would allow me to handoff playback between all three? They're all on the same WiFi network and the PC has both the android devices listed in the Devices list.

135 Replies

Hi,

Good to hear that the scenario I had in mind works. Now just wait for the connect option to appear.....

Thanks

I have a Yamaha RX-V475 (its on the list of spotify connect compatible receivers) and the latest spotify version from the playstore (I am using Samsung Galaxy SII) and still have no "connect"-button in the spotify app.

I am really disappointed.

I fear you need a firmware update for the Yamaha receivers, which I don't think is yet available (in Germany e.g.)..

I think this also why Yamaha is not listed as Spotify Connect partner yet.

I have the latest firmware for my Yamaha, just checked it yesterday.

You mean, that Yamaha needs to release a firmware update especially for Spotify Android ?

@calabizerg wrote:

I have the latest firmware for my Yamaha, just checked it yesterday.

You mean, that Yamaha needs to release a firmware update especially for Spotify Android ?

Yes, Yamaha will need to release a firmware update in the future to add Connect support (to specified models) as far as I am aware. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter is right.

Yamaha still did not updated their firmware, so Spotify Connect does not work with Yamaha Receivers yet.

In a German board (hifi-forum) some asked the support and they answered that it should be available in the middle of november, but now we have nearly december.

So, one week after the "Spotify connect" for android, was are the result ? I pay this service, i want to know why i'm not able to use "connect" between my two android devices. If the system is not available for everybody, the company have to say it and give us a date.
Very disappointed...

I did query this when the release notes came out, it does appear Spotify Connect is following the Spotify standard roll out where the feature goes out to random user groups over a period of time. 

Last time I heard anything it was at 10% of premium customers but that was last week so its probably got a bit further than that. Just give it a little time, it should appear soon!

Peter

Yo, I was having this problem and just sorted it. I've got a Pioneer XW-SMA1k, and use an HTC One Android phone. You have to update the firmware on your speaker. For me, that's here: http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/XW-SMA1-K/page.html#download_376 You follow the instructions and then the Connect option comes up on Spotify on your phone. Sorted.

@Peter wrote:

I did query this when the release notes came out, it does appear Spotify Connect is following the Spotify standard roll out where the feature goes out to random user groups over a period of time. 

Last time I heard anything it was at 10% of premium customers but that was last week so its probably got a bit further than that. Just give it a little time, it should appear soon!

Any idea how long the rollouts usually take? No connec button for me. 😞 (with two android devices on the same wifi network)

Unfortunately not @Darcy - I know as much as you do on this one! 

Peter

HI All, I cannot still see the connect icon in my android devices, but I can see it in the IOS devices and using it, with the same premium account.(Iphone, Ipad and Ipod)

No other connect hardware.

Any idea how can I make it avalaible also in my nexus7?

thanks in advance

Question: Will it be possible to connect my Android device with my Windows based Spotify Desktop client? The support page seems to be incomplete in this regard. What devices can connect to which other devices? I understand that Spotify wants to push the new hardware, but why should I buy some expensive "connect" supporting hardware, when I allready have all the functionality with my classic HTPC setup?

There should be a list of some sort:

You can connect the following devices:

- From iOS/Android-App to supported speakers/receivers (this seems to work for most people allready)

- From iOS/Android-App to any other iOS or Android-App (same WiFi network)

- From iOS/Android-App to any Mac/Windows desktop client (this would be my prefered connection)

- From iOS/Android-App to any active Web Player (this would be the most universal connection)

The following versions are required to enable the connect feature:

- iOS: 

- Android:

- Desktop client:

Due to beeing a rollout feature you may have to wait for the option to appear. At (DATE) every Premium member is expected to be able to use the connect feature.

Will it be possible to connect my Android device with my Windows based Spotify Desktop client?

Yes! It was confirmed by @Rorey here.

Peter

Dear Peter

Is there a way to get updated ASAP? I mean as I am paying for spotify and I really can't see why I still don't have this button on my devices. Very bad customer service if you offer something but then not even all your paying customers receive it within a reasonable period of time...

Cheers,

Ueli

There's no way to speed the rollout - just be patient. It is only rolling out to premium customers anyway so you're not alone. At least we're not being asked to pay extra for this new feature.

Dear Joe

I have to strongly disagree with you. First: paying extra would be ridiulous as it should be a very basic feature. Second: I understand that not everyone gets it on the same time but one should be able to sign in to a waiting list (and therefore only those really needing this feature will get it first). Third: The overall rollout (for all premium users) shouldn't take more than around 2 weeks. Otherwise they should have called it BETA.

I have to say that not getting this extra while others have it makes me a very angry customer. I currently use two phones, one tablet and a laptop. Therefore this feature would make my life much easier and not having it while seeing others telling me how good it is really sucks.

Kind regards,

Ueli 

Spotify Connect hasn't been released on desktop yet, its only on iOS and android.

Peter

17 January, and no spotify connect to my android phone. Sorry, but your rollout si veeeeeery long.

I will try to found a Spotify alternative!

Same issue here with my Yamaha RX-V675 : even with the latest update I can't play Spotify from my Android device. what a shame: this is actually one of the reasons why I bought that receiver !

And as far as iOS is concerned it's hard to tell whether this is Airplay or Spotify Connect ... when I launch it from my iPad the Receiver sees it as "Airplay": I have no way to check whether the music is actually streaming from my iPad or directly from Spotify connect to my Yamaha...

Suggested posts