Announcements

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Connect - where is it?

Gig Goer

@ Niksac: no,doesn't have it (maybe Chromecast, but it works only with the dedicated hardware and not between the devices), But tired to wait Spotify to releasing something that I really need (landscape in IOS is another one), I was willing to try something different... Google Play has some nice features that are still missing in spotify (like organize the music in Artists, Albums and songs and not only as playlist). But to be honest is not comparable yet (I like Spotify more)

@sonnenbs33: I don't have any Connect ready Hardware. It was already working in my ios devices and suddenly appeared also on android ones..
No updates of software made, no new installation. I just started Spotify as usual and was there. I guess is just matter to have it activated in the premium account.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

@Darcy: maybe I activated Google play music free trial yesterday evening, can be this the magic word? 🙂 🙂 🙂

Highlighted

Music Fan
All of a sudden, the connect button has appeared!

It works as expected except that I can't figure out how to control the volume.
Highlighted

Community Legend
From my experience with iOS devices, you can't control the volume of another device with Spotify Connect but you can control the volume of a Spotify Connect enabled speaker.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Music Fan
Looks like the same on Android. If I hit the Connect button before opening Spotify on my other Android devices then the volume control shows up, but it disappears as soon as the other devices come online.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

If I undersootd right that you CAN'T control windows spotify with spotify connect? I can see the spotify speaker icon on my android device but when connected to my home wifi it doesn't regognize my pc as a playable device. Every other similar software works fine (ie. plex).

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend
That is correct, Connect is not yet integrated into the Desktop client.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Legend

Y Plex 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Not to be negative or anything but this is like the most basic thing you "should" advertize as "connect" feature. I'm kind of disaddpointed and not to sound even more negative it's business as usuall with spotify software developement 😞

I think adding the post above as a solution "just not possible" makes a perfect example....

Highlighted

Community Legend

DLNA which Plex uses and Connect are totally different. Spotify did indicate that Connect for desktops wouldn't come until after it had been rolled out to all android and iOS users.

SUGGESTED POSTS