Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Solved!

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Just got my android devices and my Windows PC updated today expecting some Spotify Connect goodness. Alas not one of my two android devices nor the PC seem to be able to find each other. I was under the impression that Spotify Connect would allow me to handoff playback between all three? They're all on the same WiFi network and the PC has both the android devices listed in the Devices list.

135 Replies

I believe @mros is correct. Spotify Connect on android hasn't been rolled out to 100% of users yet.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Me and my girlfriend share one spotify account. Now that i've got spotify connect, I get a notifaction on my phone every time my girlfriend plays music on her iphone. This is super annoying. The only way to stop this is to change to offline mode every time I'm not using spotify myself, but to me this is not a solution. Is there a way to stop our phones from connecting automatically?

Spotify is licensing for personal usage only so under the terms sharing an account isn't allowed. Getting two separate accounts is the only way I can think to do it since its not possible to disable Connect.

Peter

Does anybody have an idea which version the Android app must be to enable Connect? Mine is 0.7.6.344 and this isn't yet Connect enabled.

Spotify feature roll outs aren't tied to version numbers (roll outs happen based on usernames in groups).

Peter

Sorry, but I think this can't be true. I have a Premium account and use a Mac Book, 2 iPads and an Android phone. On my iPads the Connect feature is available and working, but it isn't on the Android phone. Why, if the rollout depends on the user name?

@Thomas_ - If it is enabled on your account then it should work on all of your devices. Just to confirm your Spotify apps can see each other, in the Mac client can you see your android phone under "Devices" when Spotify is running on it? 

Peter

Peter, I'm in the same situation as Thomas - Connect enabled on my iPad, but not on any of my Android devices, despite the fact that they're all visible in the desktop client and are on the same wifi network. I tried different networks, even wiped one of the Android devices (my old phone, so it wasn't a problem) and reinstalled Spotify fresh on it, but to no avail.

It's been over a week since Connect became enabled on my iPad, but it is still nowhere to be seen on my Android devices. The other community manager said that it's possible the rollout happens per device and not per account. I'm not sure how much contact you guys have with the dev team, but it would be great if you could somehow clarify that. If the rollout goes by account and not by device/platform, then there is most definitely a bug affecting some people.

It is entirely possible that the Connect feature is actually on seperate roll outs depending on which platform you are on, unfortunately, the details of what goes on behind the scenes are pretty shaded from outside eyes, including the Community rock star team. It is unusual though, normally features do go cross platform on accounts at the same time but not surprising in this case thinking about it since Connect on iOS did in fact go live before Connect on android. 

Peter

@Peter: Yes, I can see the Android device in the Spotify desktop app as well as my iOS devices.

I can't see the connect button either. I've got spotify premium through Telia in Sweden.

I can't see the connect button either.

I understand that rollouts take time, but the feature for the Android app was announced on 20-11-2013 (http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Release-Notes-Spotify-for-Android-0-7-3/m-p/595572/high...

Isn't a rollout of more than 4 months a bit too long?

Just FYI: I got Connect on Android today during the day. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but the functionality seems to be enabled.

Thanks for this information. Finally I've got it now as well.

And I'm a bit disappointed. Why can't I change the volume remotely? Am I missing something?

You can change the volume of a Spotify Connect speaker, but not Spotify connect controlled apps.

Peter

Thanks Peter!

Sad!

My opinion: A very limited feature. So I still have to carry both devices (iPad + Android Phone) with me in the house. 

Marked as solution

Hey all,

Connect on Android should now be available to everyone. If you're not seeing the icon, make sure you're using the latest version of the app.

If you have any questions or feedback about it, feel free to create a new thread (after searching to see if someone's already mentioned it). All constructive criticism welcome!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

@Adam wrote:

Connect on Android should now be available to everyone. 

^ Everyone who has Premium. 😉

Peter

When will Spotify Connect be available for the Windows desktop app?

All they said was that they would be working on it. Spotify never gives out dates unfortunately.

Suggested posts