Announcements

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Connect - where is it?

Regular

Hi,

Good to hear that the scenario I had in mind works. Now just wait for the connect option to appear.....

Thanks

Highlighted

Regular

I have a Yamaha RX-V475 (its on the list of spotify connect compatible receivers) and the latest spotify version from the playstore (I am using Samsung Galaxy SII) and still have no "connect"-button in the spotify app.

I am really disappointed.

Highlighted

Regular

I fear you need a firmware update for the Yamaha receivers, which I don't think is yet available (in Germany e.g.)..

I think this also why Yamaha is not listed as Spotify Connect partner yet.

Highlighted

Regular

I have the latest firmware for my Yamaha, just checked it yesterday.

You mean, that Yamaha needs to release a firmware update especially for Spotify Android ?

Highlighted

Community Legend

@calabizerg wrote:

I have the latest firmware for my Yamaha, just checked it yesterday.

You mean, that Yamaha needs to release a firmware update especially for Spotify Android ?

Yes, Yamaha will need to release a firmware update in the future to add Connect support (to specified models) as far as I am aware. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Regular

Peter is right.

Yamaha still did not updated their firmware, so Spotify Connect does not work with Yamaha Receivers yet.

In a German board (hifi-forum) some asked the support and they answered that it should be available in the middle of november, but now we have nearly december.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
So, one week after the "Spotify connect" for android, was are the result ? I pay this service, i want to know why i'm not able to use "connect" between my two android devices. If the system is not available for everybody, the company have to say it and give us a date.
Very disappointed...
Highlighted

Community Legend

I did query this when the release notes came out, it does appear Spotify Connect is following the Spotify standard roll out where the feature goes out to random user groups over a period of time. 

Last time I heard anything it was at 10% of premium customers but that was last week so its probably got a bit further than that. Just give it a little time, it should appear soon!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Yo, I was having this problem and just sorted it. I've got a Pioneer XW-SMA1k, and use an HTC One Android phone. You have to update the firmware on your speaker. For me, that's here: http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/XW-SMA1-K/page.html#download_376 You follow the instructions and then the Connect option comes up on Spotify on your phone. Sorted.

Highlighted

Music Fan

@Peter wrote:

I did query this when the release notes came out, it does appear Spotify Connect is following the Spotify standard roll out where the feature goes out to random user groups over a period of time. 

Last time I heard anything it was at 10% of premium customers but that was last week so its probably got a bit further than that. Just give it a little time, it should appear soon!

Any idea how long the rollouts usually take? No connec button for me. 😞 (with two android devices on the same wifi network)

SUGGESTED POSTS