Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Solved!

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Just got my android devices and my Windows PC updated today expecting some Spotify Connect goodness. Alas not one of my two android devices nor the PC seem to be able to find each other. I was under the impression that Spotify Connect would allow me to handoff playback between all three? They're all on the same WiFi network and the PC has both the android devices listed in the Devices list.

135 Replies

Do you have a input named Spotify on your receiver? Just trying to confirm that the update was successful...

I'm afraid you need to contact Spotify support about this. Make sure you tell them that you have a Spotify Connect enabled Yamaha receiver but you can't use it. Otherwise you probably just get a answer that Spotify Connect is still rolling out and they can't help you.

@poisike wrote:

Do you have a input named Spotify on your receiver? Just trying to confirm that the update was successful...

I'm afraid you need to contact Spotify support about this. Make sure you tell them that you have a Spotify Connect enabled Yamaha receiver but you can't use it. Otherwise you probably just get a answer that Spotify Connect is still rolling out and they can't help you.

There is a Spotify input shown on the receiver.  On a previous post you stated that you had the button visible on your device prior to having the yamaha receiver (or firmware update).  To confirm the button should be on the lower right corner by the playback button, correct?

Check attached screenshot, its the green speaker button (it's gray if it is not connected)

Screenshot_2014-01-25-19-58-10.png

@poisike wrote:

Check attached screenshot (The button is gray if it is not connected)

After the reinstall(iPad only) I still do not see that button.  I have contacted support.  Hopefully they can get back to me as soon as possible.  I'll post if I get an answer.  Thanks for the help trouble shooting.

@sonnenbs33 wrote:

@poisike wrote:

Check attached screenshot (The button is gray if it is not connected)

After the reinstall(iPad only) I still do not see that button.  I have contacted support.  Hopefully they can get back to me as soon as possible.  I'll post if I get an answer.  Thanks for the help trouble shooting.

No problem, glad to help. Please post here when you get a reply from support. You are not the only one with this problem, so would be nice to know what the problem is and how to resolve it.

The firmware update on my Yamaha RX-V675 (from version 1.20 to 1.46) immediately enabled Spotify Connect for me ! I see it on all my Androids and iOS devices, working like a charm. Finally...

I have a Yamaha 673 and Samsung S4.

Fingers crossed they update the firmware on the older amps as well.

I have read that older models will be updated in a month.

Can't see why it wouldn't be possible. It currently runs Napster and internet radio. I guess it depends how 'bloated' Spotfiy Connect software is in the amp. It can't be anymore complicated than the amp receiving a single stream from Spotify. It doesn't even have to select tracks, it just has to receive the stream.

I'm trying to control one android device with another but the connect button doesn't appear on any of the devices.

Does this work for anyone?

Niksac: This works if Spotify Connect is enabled for your account. If you don't have the "Speaker" button then Spotify Connect is not yet enabled for your account, its still rolling out...

poisike: i have a mate which has a connect enabled speaker but he cannot see his android devices as "output" either. I'm not sure abouth this whole rollout thingy (i cannot see any benefit for spotify here).

Does android 2 android work for anyone?

Nik

Niksac: I don't understand these extremely slow rollouts either, but this is how it is...

Yes, it works for me because I have Spotify Connect enabled for my account. It works on all my Android devices and also on iPad.

poisike: i want to be you!

Niksac: unfortunately this is not possible 🙂

sonnenbs33: did you get it working? If not, try disconnecting receiver power cable for a few minutes.

@poisike wrote:
sonnenbs33: did you get it working? If not, try disconnecting receiver power cable for a few minutes.

Still working with support staff. Tried unplugging the receiver for a bit. No luck.  Hopefully support comes up with something soon. 

Suddenly the connect button appeared in the android app. And it makes it possible to control an android device from an ios device and vice versa. Or control one android device from another one.

Now it finally works it is very handy feature! It just takes very long before it is rolled out to everyone.

Finally the small green speaker is born also in my android devices....

Just in time, I was ongoing to move to Google music play.... 

Maybe now I will reconsider.....

does google music offer something similar `?

@user-removed wrote:

Finally the small green speaker is born also in my android devices....

Just in time, I was ongoing to move to Google music play.... 

Maybe now I will reconsider.....

robled69: Is this a button that is automatically in the software(after an update) or do you have to be connected to a WiFi with spotify compatible devices in order for it to pop up?

Did you whisper any magic words? I have three Android devices, all recognized on the same wifi network by the Android client, but still no speaker.

Suggested posts