Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Solved!

Spotify Connect - where is it?

Just got my android devices and my Windows PC updated today expecting some Spotify Connect goodness. Alas not one of my two android devices nor the PC seem to be able to find each other. I was under the impression that Spotify Connect would allow me to handoff playback between all three? They're all on the same WiFi network and the PC has both the android devices listed in the Devices list.

135 Replies

Is there a way to turn this spotify connect out completely?

Thanks

No, not at the minute.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Cannot connect spotify to my galaxy note 2

@sweets What is the device you are trying to connect from? What spotify versions are you running on both devices and is your Note 2 running spotify in the foreground ith the screen on?

any info as to when it can be expected to roll out on desktop?

--mmiles19

Ain't no party like an EDM party cuz' an EDM party don't stop!

Haven't seen anything I'm afraid.

• Is it possible to use my iphone to control the desktop version of spotify installed on my acer laptop? My iphone shows up under the devices section on my desktop however I cannot select the computer for output from my iphone.

No. Connect hasn't rolled out for the desktop client yet. You can actually do this using Spotiamp on a windows PC instead.

Marked as solution

First off, is your ipad and android log in as the same account and if so are they both of the same wi-fi. Cant just have 1 on wi-fi and 1 not, they both have to be on the same wi-fi. Then usually the android would have to connect to the ipad(the phone being the remote). Then it should work. If it doesn't make sure that spotify on both devices are fully updated as well. if it worked give kudos to me. =3

Where is the Spotify connect function for windows ?

@JacobBA wrote:

Where is the Spotify connect function for windows ?

Do you have the Windows desktop application installed? Connect has been available on Windows for a while now.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yes and I have reinstalled spotify but there is still no icon for Spotify connect

@JacobBA wrote:
Yes and I have reinstalled spotify but there is still no icon for Spotify connect

What device are you trying to connect to.. Can you advise your scenario so that we can troubleshoot please?

Thanks

Android Troubleshooting:

I have a Sony STRDN1040 reciever and I am running Spotify on a win7 desktop. I can connect from Airfoil but not from "Spotify connect" since there is no "Spotify connect" icon 

@JacobBA looking at the product page for your receiver it appears Sony has not made it Spotify Connect compatible. This is why you cannot see it as a connect device. You can give the receiver the ability by connecting a Chromecast audio to it as the chromecast is Spotify connect enabled

Android Troubleshooting:

I have a Marshall speaker and Spotify works with Google Cast but the Spotify Connect is not displayed anywhere. Yes its connected on the same wifi. I might have input forget this unit in my Spotify. I need help

Suggested posts