Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect works under wife's account on all devices but not on my account.. both premium

Spotify Connect works under wife's account on all devices but not on my account.. both premium

I've started having issues recently with spotify connect. I have been unable to connect either my android phone, android tablet, or windows 10 laptop to my samsung HW-J650 soundbar. I can connect devices to each other, but not to the bar. It doesn't even appear in the list of devices.

Strangely enough, if my wife logs into her account on any of my devices, immediately the soundbar there as an option to connect. I can't seem to find a way to make this work; any thoughts? We've compared settings on her account vs mine and everything is set the same.

3 Replies

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks.. I was looking for a real help section on the website yesterday unsuccessfully! I have contacted them and await a reply.

UPDATE (new account)

So this issue was never resolved through Spotify support. Their solution was to create a new account for me. This account had the same problems. We tried rebooting everything from the soundbar (even resetting to default), my modem, router, phone, computer etc. No solution!!

Randomly one day my soundbar did appear in devices available though! It was working until I just recently purchased a newer android phone. Now I have the same problem. My wife's account can connect to the soundbar on my phone but my account will not show it. 

TL;DR: Spotify help sucks, and I'm paying $10 a month for a service that doesn't fully work. I love paying money for poor service -_-

Fix this year old issue please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested posts