Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Version 9

Version of Spotify App

My Question or Issue

Just yesterday I started noticing that everytime my phone connects to my car via bluetooth and I use Spotify, Spotify has the normal notification banner for playback control, but there is another banner that reads "Spotify Connection: Connected to Waze". It does not let me swipe it away even when I am out of the car, bluetooth is off, and my music is no longer playing. In my Spotify settings I have Waze Navigation switched OFF and I do not even have the Waze app on my phone. Is there any way to make this stop without turning off notifications for Spotify altogether? I assume even if I turn off notifications, "Spotify Connection: Connected to Waze" would still be running in the background which I do not want. Please advise.

Thank you!

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this in the Community.

This is an issue we are aware of and currently looking into. Make sure to head over to this thread - we'll make sure to keep you updated and let you know as soon as we have any news.

Thanks!

53 Replies

Same here, had the same issue on my S8+ and now I've switched to a S10+, issue continues.

My gf's S8+ works flawlessly without the notification, same on a friend's S10. 

The thing is... If I log into a phone without the issue... Not a problem at all. If I use another account on my phone... The notification appears...

This is so frickin annoying I hope they fix it soon. I won't mask the issue by turning off the notification. 

Also, if it's for any help, I got a oneplus device. 

I'm still having this issue, has there been any update or fix?

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you're still experiencing this issue, make sure to head over to this thread, where we're currently investigating the issue.

We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates 😉

Note: we've marked this post as a solution for the sake of visibility.

Which thread should we head to?

Why is this marked as a solution?

@Peter

I think you forgot to link the thread in your post. 

If the other thread says to do a "clean reinstall", I just tried that. Didn't work for me. 

Hey @billythetale,

Thanks for letting me know about this - I've gone ahead and added the hyperlink to the thread.

Take care 🙂

I holded the notification, went to details and turned off and back on the show notifications permissions for spotify and it worked for me, please tell me if it works for you, if it does spread the word^-^.

Not sure if this is still an issue but turning this off worked for me

SmartSelect_20190831-092758_Spotify.jpg

Same issue S10. This issue is definitely not solved, and it is unlikely that it would still be unresolved unless it is deliberate. Obviously Spotify have included this feature as part of a licensing agreement with Waze so dont hold your breath. With all the other bugs in this app I'm heading back to YouTube music..

Hey @Ozimodo - help's here!

I found a couple of recent solutions from another thread here that might be useful:

@Ramu33: "I was able to get rid of this annoying  issue fixed by doing these:

Open spotify-> go to settings -> under connect to apps -> click on navigation -> turn off the slider  which says Get a reminder To use navigation apps When your in a car. -> you are good to go"

@user-removed: "I will confirm that with the latest update of the Spotify app, and after doing a full reinstall (clear cache & data before uninstalling), the above solution removed the "Spotify Connections" notification."

Could you try the above out and see if any of them solve the issue for you, and if so, which one?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

I am correcting my previous post - the Spotify Connections notification returned today. 

I changed nothing from yesterday when the "solution" worked. 

The bug still exists within the app - please do not mark this as "solved," as it is clearly not.

Yes it is back 😞

Suggested posts