Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Crash ZTE Obsidian TMO random

Spotify Crash ZTE Obsidian TMO random

Hello. My wife and I both purchased a ZTE Obsidian with Android 5.1.1 a couple of weeks ago. They work great, no problems at all - except for Spotify. Pretty randomly (sometimes when I open spotify, sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes when switching songs or loading an ad) Spotify will completely hang/freeze up and will take my phone down with it. When this happens I can still see the Spotify interface on my screen but it has become completely unresponsive. If I try to switch programs or screens or go back to home screen so reset spotify - none of this works either - as my phone has completely frozen. Tried a reinstall twice (on both phones) and tried moving cache location to the phone to see if this helps - all without improvement. What am I doing wrong here??

5 Replies

Can you try another clean install but this time flies the guide linked in my signature. Make sure to follow it word for word. Checking for and deleting the files as well as the reboot.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel, thank you for writing back so quickly with excellent steps. Unfortunately these did not work for me, and I am still having issues. After resetting my phone to factory (and formatting SD card at the same time), I formatted the SD card one more time, and then finally installed Spotify after selecting SD card as my default cache location. After installing Spotify, I went into settings and chose SD card as my storage location for cache and such. When doing this I get an error that says unable to move your data. I've gone back in to Spotify and deleted my cache and settings, made sure SD card was still selected for my default storage location, and then signed into Spotify again, all to no avail. I simply cannot get Spotify to store on my memory card, and it continues to crash. 

After a fresh reinstall Spotify will work well for a day or two, but then the crashing starts again and I have to start back at square 1. I'd like to say maybe this is an SD card problem, or a phone problem, but my wife has issues with the same phone, and another 32GB memory card. 

Is there a technical support option for free users, or do you have to be a premium member for this? I've been considering premium services, but after these issues and issues I've heard from others that are very similar; I'm hesitant. I've been working in software engineering support for 10 years now and I've never had so much trouble making something work!

Are there log files stored in Spotify's cache? Is there anything else I can go check here? ANY other ideas! 😛

Daniel; I just noticed something on this one. If I sign in with a new account Spotify seems to operate a lot smoother. Is it possible my 90-120 playlists in Spotify are the problem?

So it could be a cache issue on the server side. Let me see if I can get someone from the support team to have a look

Android Troubleshooting:

Support have checked your account and everything seems to be up and running. Since your wife is also having issues, does your wife have a seperate account, or is she also using your account? This will help us determine if it's an account or device issue.

Also, can you try removing the SD card completely, then reinstall Spotify without reinserting the SD card? This will force Spotify to install into internal memory, then we'll see if this improves things.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts