Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Crashes on both of my Galaxy S5's at launch

Spotify Crashes on both of my Galaxy S5's at launch

I have been a Premium customer for a few years now without issue until recently.  In Mid December I was using a Galaxy S3 to listen to spotify.  The app started locking up and crashing on my phone pretty regularly.....ok everytime I sused it, i had to wait around 10 minutes to be able to use the app as it locked up constantly.....I thought that perhaps my older phone didnt have the ram or cpu needed to power the app.  I then upgradedto a new Galaxy S5.  The first app I dinstalled was spotify.....and at the first launch, it crashed, then it crashed, then it crashed..........again.  After I installed some other apps, I restarted the new phone......Only upon first launch after a reboot the app starts......takes around 10 minutes to become usable.  I can listen to a couple of songs, let it sit in the background.....do nothing on the phone, and after an hour or so, I look, and the app is crashed again, and can never be launched again, until I reboot, and repeat this process.    My Girlfiend has a S5 as well, with a different carrier, and the issue for her launching her own premium account acts very simularly with lock ups and inability to navigate or use the product.  We are VERY dissatisfied and have removed and re added the app from the App Store to no avail....If I cant get this resolved, I will be closing both of our 2 1/2 year old accounts.  As we have paid fr a few months for nothing in my opinion.

3 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Firstly follow the steps detailed to give a true clean install... a simple, uninstall/re-install is not enough. There are also some other tips in the guide to troubleshoot any issues you have.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I performed the clean install preocess on both phones, it was resolved on one phone, but not the second.  Done troubleshooting at the community level for an app I pay for.  Leaving the service.  Thanks!

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts