Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Daily Mix Issue

Spotify Daily Mix Issue

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with my daily mix on android for a while now.  Whenever I go to my daily mix in the spotify android app I get the "Sorry, something went wrong" error.  This same error happens no matter how many times I try to view the playlist.  I have tried reinstalling the spotify app multiple times but that has not worked.  I have all tried clearing the app cache using the button in the settings menu.  The daily mix feature used to work for me for a while but then just stopped.  I can't remember what version I was on then.

Some background, I have an S6 edge running Android 6.0.1 (non-rooted).  I am running the spotify app version 5.6.0.701.  I have Spotify Premium.  

I hope you guys can give me a hand!

deApollo

10 Replies

@deApollo

Looks like you may need a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I've tried what you suggested and still no dice.

deApollo

@deApollo

Does it play ok in other devices?

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Yeah I just tested on my iPad, seems to work fine there.  Just broken on my phone.  I even tried plugging it into my computer and doing a search for spotify after I uninstalled it which didn't find anything.  The issue persisted though.

deApollo

Any ideas anyone?

I'm having issues with this too.  I just noticed the "Your Daily Mix" in the "Browse" section of the iPhone Spotify app today.  When I click on it, I get "An error occurred."  The TRY AGAIN button just refreshes the error.

Any update on this? I am still having this problem on my iPhone 6.
image.png

I have the same issue  - recently moved from Android tablet to Ipad and comes up with try again error. The daily mix on the android still works however

How have you managed to get the daily mix onto the Android app? I can only see it on my ipad, I assumed it was Apple only..... Do you still have it on Android?

There's been no announcement about this feature so I guess it;s still being tested on selected users/devices.

Suggested posts