Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Droid Razr Maxx - Can't hear vocals on downloaded playlist songs

Spotify Droid Razr Maxx - Can't hear vocals on downloaded playlist songs

Super weird thing is happening.  When I stream music, things seem ok, but I when I drive from work to home I like to reserve data and play some downloaded playlist that I have downloaded at work that day.  Just recently when I listen to the songs downloaded I notice that the vocals are real muffled and in the back ground instead of foreground.  It almost sound like I'm missing a stereo track or an eq problem, but I can listen to other music on other players and it is all fine.  I have no EQ settings on the spotify app set .

Any help is appreciated.  Love the service, but if my music is going to sound like this from the phone, I will cancel since I do not plan to listen streaming on wifi all the time, if that were the case I would use slacker or pandora.  Spotify gives some nice advantages, but the biggest to me was download songs to device for offline listening.

Spotify Set Up:

Offline mode: off

Private session: off

Show fb: off

Audio effects: off

Streaming: normal quality

Download: High quality

Download over 2g/3g: off

Gapless; on

Crossfade: 12s

NO LAST.FM anything.

Android set up:

Droid Razr Maxx

Android 4.0.4

Verizon

5 Replies

So when does Spotify Support actually reply to messages on this forum.   I posted a serious question a month ago about the sound quality on my phone regarding the songs coming in with mufffled lyrics that are not same when I play spotify on my PC or Mac or Squeezebox.  Everything else sounds great, except for my android phone app.  This sucks since I have my phone more often then the other devices.  Is there a better way to get in touch w/ Spotify to help resolve my issues?  I am considering cancelling my subscription.

Hello.

This isn't an official support channel, but we try and answer everything where we can.

Couple of things - When are you experiencing this problem? Only when driving home in your car? If so, how you are you connecting your Android to your car stereo? Bluetooth or AUX cable?
Airhorn Enthusiast

i have same problem. phone is samsung xcover 2. reboot doesn't help. using normal earplug headset. it was working normally last week, but not anymore. i,m streaming over 2g/3g while driving. sounds normal with phones own speaker! but like this i can hear everything else but not the actual singing. it's like singers microphone has turned off...

@HellFile wrote:
i have same problem. phone is samsung xcover 2. reboot doesn't help. using normal earplug headset. it was working normally last week, but not anymore. i,m streaming over 2g/3g while driving. sounds normal with phones own speaker! but like this i can hear everything else but not the actual singing. it's like singers microphone has turned off...

Strange, is it possible to try with a different set of headphones (idealy the ones that came with the phone) and see if those work? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think the problem was with my headphones.
Now spotify sounds normal with another headphones.
Weird thing was that only singing was gone, not instruments.... 🙂

I'm glad that my phone (and spotify!) is ok now. 🙂

Suggested posts