Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Eating Through Data

Spotify Eating Through Data

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and regularly plug in my phone to listen to Spotify while I drive using Android Auto. I've done this for months with zero issue, but last month Spotify went nuts using my data in the background and I had to completely stop using it as it had used 712 MB in a span of days. To put into context, typically an entire month would see roughly 50-100 MB of use for me. Of the 712 MB, 699 were background data. I prevented it from using background data on my phone now, thinking that might help the problem. As of now however, with a single hour of driving, I've already used 57 MB of data, all of which is background data.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here and if there's any solution? I don't think it's unreasonable that this app should be using almost a gigabytes of data per month when it was nowhere near that level in the past.
2 Replies

I'm having this same exact issue suddenly, and would love to know a resolution before I blow through my entire month of data in a matter of days.

I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, but it didn't solve anything.

Could it be that it is left open/running even when it is not in use? 

Suggested posts