Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Free only shuffle mode on Kindle 6

Spotify Free only shuffle mode on Kindle 6

I just got a Kindle 6. There was a long thread, maybe about 7 pages spanning quite a few months with a comment saying this was resolved. Apparently, most if not all Kindles were recognized by Spotify as mobile phones, therefore only supported shuffle. I bought one thinking it was fixed, but it's the same thing. Only shuffle mode. Any easy way to resolve this, or will I have to wait months, maybe years for Amazon to stop whatever they are doing. Either Amazon has disabled google.play to have control over their apps, tweaks most if not all of them for whatever purposes, and is either too lazy to fix these bugs, or has a secret deal with spotify to get a percentage of premium upgrades due to the fact Kindle users, or at least some Kindle users based on the model, can only play on shuffle. This is kind of a deal breaker if there is no solution independent on Amazon updating their store with a proper Spotify build. Spotify is probably 90% of the apps I was planning to use. Going to try to sideload from the google.play store later.

3 Replies

Hey there @TheBeesKnees, welcome to the community!

This is the Amazon Fire HD 6 correct?  I think it belongs on the tablet use... let me reach out to the team and ask... 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Yes it is. The entire line of Kindle tablets have had major issues in the past, and seeing reviews, it's still an on going issue.

Hi, Spotify deems anything 7" or greater as a tablet. As this is a 6" device it will follow the same rules applied to a mobile device running the free version of Spotify.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts