Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify + Google Maps Navigation is now impossible with recent update.

Solved!

Spotify + Google Maps Navigation is now impossible with recent update.

Hello,

Recently (a few weeks ago?) there was a Spotify update to the Android platform that 'fixed' the issue of the music muting/dimming while a notifcation or some other sound was played.

I myself LOVED this feature because when you would be navigating with Google Maps the Lady would speak to tell you what to do next, the music would be dimmed until she was done talking and then the music volume would resume to where it was before she spoke. 

Ever since that update I am unable to use Spotify with Google Navigation as I cannot hear Google Navigation while music is playing.

First question - WHY was this COMPLETELY REMOVED? Why not allow users to toggle it off or on inside the Spotify app?

I know this was 'resolved' in another thread.

I would love to have this as an option to toggle on or off in the settings that way you are pleasing both sets of users, not just one side.

Am I alone in this??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the same issue. Is there a fix yet? My specs: Oneplus one with Android 6.0.1 and Spotify + Google Maps up to date.

Edit: found the solution here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Playing-music-on-spotify-stops-Google-Maps-voice-output/m-p...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Have you checked to see if that Idea already exists in the Ideas section? If it does then add your Kudos to show your support. If not, create a new idea and if it gets enough Kudos it may well happen!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

That's the right place to ask the Developers to bring back a removed feature...?  Seems like an odd place to put that request.

Marked as solution

I have the same issue. Is there a fix yet? My specs: Oneplus one with Android 6.0.1 and Spotify + Google Maps up to date.

Edit: found the solution here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Playing-music-on-spotify-stops-Google-Maps-voice-output/m-p...

So i have a slightly different problem to solve. My android Samsung G7 is running the latest Spotify app and when its plugged in the car, and I'm using Google Maps in navigation mode, thats where problems start. Spotify stops playing and OK Google voice detection beeps in. Constantly. I have turned this feature off in the OK Google settings so I'm completely stumped as to why its still an issue.

anyone else have this issue?

Suggested posts