Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Kids isn't on the Amazon Appstore - how do I download to my Amazon Fire Kids?

Spotify Kids isn't on the Amazon Appstore - how do I download to my Amazon Fire Kids?

Family Plan, UK

Device Amazon Fire 8 tablet

Operating System Fire OS 5.3.7.0

Is there a way to do this without downloading lots of other apk apps etc first, and will Spotify be releasing the new kids app on Amazon Appstore soon?

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there @DanBignold,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Currently, you can only find the Spotify Kids app in the iOS App Store or Google Play store so it won't be possible to download the app through the Amazon App Store.

Further, we don't have any news about the app being available in the Amazon App Store for now.

However, if this is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd strongly suggest sharing this in our Ideas Exchange. This way, other Spotify users can add their support and contribute to the discussion on this.

To get started, you can find more info on how to post an idea in this Spotify Answer

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey there @ParentalUnits,

Thanks for adding your thoughts here in the Community, we appreciate all the feedaback!

If you haven't already, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and comments here in this idea as well. This way, you can also stay up to speed on any updates we have to pass on about the Spotify Kids app being available in the Amazon Appstore.

If you're curious on how ideas get implemented, we have a Spotify Answer that you can check out for more info.

Let us know if there's anything else we can lend a hand with!

Have a lovely day  🎶

26 Replies

Hey there @DanBignold,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Currently, you can only find the Spotify Kids app in the iOS App Store or Google Play store so it won't be possible to download the app through the Amazon App Store.

Further, we don't have any news about the app being available in the Amazon App Store for now.

However, if this is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd strongly suggest sharing this in our Ideas Exchange. This way, other Spotify users can add their support and contribute to the discussion on this.

To get started, you can find more info on how to post an idea in this Spotify Answer

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Seriously! Why make a kids app and ignore the largest adaptation of a Parental Control solution on Andriod? Amazon FreeTime is widely adopted by parents to manage kids use of tablets and groom their content, IMO, this is a major oversight for a kids app. Get itnontk the Amazon AppStore for Andriod and the parents can do the rest.

Hey there @ParentalUnits,

Thanks for adding your thoughts here in the Community, we appreciate all the feedaback!

If you haven't already, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and comments here in this idea as well. This way, you can also stay up to speed on any updates we have to pass on about the Spotify Kids app being available in the Amazon Appstore.

If you're curious on how ideas get implemented, we have a Spotify Answer that you can check out for more info.

Let us know if there's anything else we can lend a hand with!

Have a lovely day  🎶

KaterinaModerator

"solved" is a bit misleading isn't it?! "Sorry, we haven't done this" would be a lot more honest!

Thank you for posting how to provide feedback to your organization. I followed it and voted... if I could provide all 500+ votes, I would. As a heads up, as a reader pointed out, the Amazon Kids Fire Tablets are quickly gaining popularity for parents looking to have some level of control over content. However, the ability to provide music on these devices is quite limited... in fact, Amazon Music isn't even downloading on it. I bring this up to say that while the request does not have a significant amount of votes at this time, I would argue that there is a significant number of people in the market for this type of app in the Amazon market that won't know where to look to vote, but may consider transitioning to Spotify for it. 

Hey there @ichardjames1 and @dibo5914,

Thanks for sharing this here!

@Richardjames1 - we really appreciate your feedback! Users can mark threads as a solution anytime if they believe a post has answered their question. Posts marked as a solution usually get highlighted and become more visible in the thread, which in turn can be helpful in making the answer more easy to find for other users who have a similar question.

@dibo5914 - while votes are a great indicator of what features Community users would like to see, sometimes ideas with less votes can also get implemented, so rest assured that adding your feedback and vote in that idea helps! To find out more about how the Idea Exchange works, make sure to check this a Spotify Answer.

Hope this information is helpful! We'll be happy to lend a hand if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

can you just please post the APK instead of saying "it's solved"

What a missed opportunity. Millions upon millions of parents buy their children Fire tablets and we cannot share our family plan with them because..... why?  

Hey there @Moehio,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

As @Katerina mentioned - There's an idea about this. You can leave a +Vote to show your support and subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify Kids like you wish to do at the moment. We hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

it really is a missed opportunity.

It's currently the only thing stopping me subscribing to the family plan rather than the individual plan

It's gotta be cheaper to develop the app for Amazon devices than to spew generic responses to people demanding the app.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

REALLY would like to have spotify kids on the kindle.  I have JUST purchased the family plan to give my Son some music.. and NOOOOO I can't use it.  so frustrating. 

There is a workaround for this issue. I downloaded the Spotify application on the parent account then shared it in the child's profile.

1. In the adult profile, head to Amazon Apps and find the app or game you want, download and install it.
  2. Open the Amazon Kids app, and open the profile of the child you want to grant access to.
  3. Tap "Add Content" and you'll get the option to share content on your tablet, add websites or add videos from the web.
  4. Select the content you want to add. If it's content you have, you'll get to pick apps, books, Audible; if it's websites you get to add the URL; videos takes you to YouTube so you can select videos to allow access.
  5. Sign back into the child's profile to access the app or content.

Was able to successfully launch the application from my son's profile.

There's more information in the URL below to "Add Content" from parent profile to child's profile.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tablets/news/amazon/140721-tablets-for-kids-how-to-setup-an-amazon-fire-...

Hope this was helps some parents out there!

There were enough up votes on this topic elsewhere so it is now under consideration. Fingers crossed it happens because it is SOOO irritating that they haven't done this already!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Other-Spotify-Kids-Amazon-Appstore/idi-p/4...

Is this topic solved? Seems to me like the app is NOT on the Amazon App Store. That seems unsolved. 

I would also like Spotify Kids for Kindle. The "workaround" is to have him dorking up my playlists and him being presented with a lot of music from the 70's and 80's.

That works for the regular Spotify app. It DOES NOT however work for the spotify kids app ehich doesn't even appear to be available for fire tablet. 

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

At the moment, it won't be possible to download the app through the Amazon App Store as it is only available in the iOS App Store or Google Play store.

As a workaround, you can give it a try to the steps mentioned before by @wongricky. However, there's a similar idea already suggested here and it's currently set as "Live idea" - feel free to add your vote and subscribe to it!  Any changes or updates about it will be posted in that thread.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts