Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Logo has gray rings around it

Spotify Logo has gray rings around it

Ever since I upgraded to Samsung S7 Edge, my app occasionally has gray rings around the logo on my homescreen. I have tried turning every setting on and off and nothing seems to trigger it. I'll restart my phone and sometimes the rings are there and sometimes not.

Everyone I have talked to has never seen this. Does anyone else have this or know what it might mean?
5 Replies

Any chance of a screen grab showing this - sounds interesting. Are you using the standard icon set and touchwiz laucher?

http://m.imgur.com/eeCn7DB

Thanks for your reply. Sometimes the logo is normal, sometimes it looks like this.

Everything is stock on my phone. TouchWiz launcher and no themes.

Thanks - add me to the list of folk who've never seen this 🙂

Things I'd try:

Removing the icon from your home screen then putting it back

Change the screen grid size (long press on home screen)

To be honest, I hate clutter on my home screen so spotify lives in my edge apps, out of the way but still easy to get to. If you really want spotify on your home screen and the grey circle annoys you, it might be worth trying one of the free themes or even uninstall and reinstall spotify in case something got corrupted.

Thanks for checking it out!

As I said, I've checked a lot of places for an answer with no luck. Someone here HAS to know what this means! I've only ever seen this on my Spotify app so I don't think it's an Android or Samsung thing.

Suggested posts