Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mobile App (Premium account, created with Facebook account) Not posting to Facebook

Spotify Mobile App (Premium account, created with Facebook account) Not posting to Facebook

Samsung Galaxy S4; Android 4.3; Spotify Version 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4 

Device memory has 7.21GB available (of 16GB Total); SD card has 49.28GB available (of 58.53GB Total)

My preferences in the Spotify Mobile App AND on all desktop (2 PCs - one Windows 7, one Windows 😎 are set to share what I listen to with Facebook friends. Also on the mobile app, device is set to broadcast to other apps. Private session not turned on.

But when I play music on the mobile app, it does not share to my facebook. It also doesn't show when I add songs to (public!) playlists, star songs, or when I create a new playlist.... Anymore! It used to show all of these things perfectly. Apparently the date it started being buggy was 10/16/13.

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

My preferences in the Spotify Mobile App AND on all desktop (2 PCs - one Windows 7, one Windows 😎 are set to share what I listen to with Facebook friends. Also on the mobile app, device is set to broadcast to other apps. Private session not turned on.

But when I play music on the mobile app, it does not share to my facebook. It also doesn't show when I add songs to (public!) playlists, star songs, or when I create a new playlist.... Anymore! It used to show all of these things perfectly. Apparently the date it started being buggy was 10/16/13.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

What I expected to happen

Facebook to show songs I've played

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Device memory has 7.21GB available (of 16GB Total); SD card has 49.28GB available (of 58.53GB Total)

Device’s Operating System

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

Device memory has 7.21GB available (of 16GB Total); External SD card has 49.28GB available (of 58.53GB Total)

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

Device memory has 7.21GB available (of 16GB Total); External SD card has 49.28GB available (of 58.53GB Total)

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

... GB

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

There was never an option to specify storage location, and I am prohibited from moving the app to the SD card.

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

no

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

My mobile Spotify version

According to the app, 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4 

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.4... n/a

My mobile provider and country

Verizon

My username

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

no

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

3 Replies

This is a known issue, keep an eye on this topic for updates.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Am I supposed to say this was answered? But it hasn't been... the other topic hasn't been answered...

Nah, just leave it open - guess we will just have to wait for the solution!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts