Spotify Mobile App keeps crashing - Xiaomi Redmi S2

Plan

Premium

Device

Xiaomi Redmi S2

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app keep crashing. It plays for a bit and then consequently crashes after a while. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app and checked it has got access to mobile internet data as well as wi-fi.

Can an expert offer a solution please? I have purchased a premium version and am now getting extremely frustrated and will quit my subscription if I can't find the solution to this...

4 Replies

Hey there @Malgo

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

thank you Ivan! ❤️

Hi @Ivan,
it seems I have the exact same problem as Malgo but I can't find the solution anywhere. Can you please advise me on what to do because I'm getting really frustrated after weeks of this problem...
Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Ellen

Hey there @EllenVerhoeven,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not leading to this issue.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to check if any battery optimization or power saving apps for Spotify are activated. If so, you can deactivate for the app.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts