Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Mobile download in an international country

Solved!

Spotify Mobile download in an international country

Hi All,

I have a UK based premium spotify account. I just changed phones to the Samsung Galaxy S3, while I am away in Dubai.

I am trying to install Spotify Mobile, however the system is not letting me as I am not in an "approved" spotify country. Spotify doesnt even show up on the Google Play list of apps. 

Does anyone have a workaround for this, I am not travelling to the UK in the next 2 months and I NEEEED my musicccccc.

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello,

You might want to try downloading the Spotify Preview app from our website right here - This is a shiny new version of the Android version of Spotify we've been working on. You can find it right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there!

Great news - you can download the app (in the APK file format) directly from the Spotify website wherever you are! No need for VPN or other tricks: just head over to https://www.spotify.com/download/other/ and select the Manual download option.

Remember that, in order to install an APK, installation from unknown sources should be enabled. This useful guide will get you going: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-install-APKs-from-unknown-sources-on-Android

Hope this helps! Have a great day 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey there!
Thanks a million! This is just what I was looking for! You're awesome!

Marked as solution

You can download the spotify.apk from Spotify here. Remember you need to enable "unknown sources" in android settings to install it. As spotify isn't available in the UAE, you'll need to use a VPN to log in.

Marked as solution

Go to settings on the s8 then type "unknown" in the search bar at the top.

26 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello,

You might want to try downloading the Spotify Preview app from our website right here - This is a shiny new version of the Android version of Spotify we've been working on. You can find it right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

This worked! Thanks so much!

Hello,

I tried to follow your link but I don't understand how to download the app in my new S4 in Dubai 😞

Can you help ?

@David wrote:

Hello,

@aadelpi wrote:

Hello,

I tried to follow your link but I don't understand how to download the app in my new S4 in Dubai 😞

Can you help ?

@David wrote:

Hello,

Try going to https://m.spotify.com/us/?group=android on your s4, does that work? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi

I am based in the UAE and had Spotify on my UK iphone when I moved over. I have just purchased a Samsung S4 and cant download the app. Please help me as I would not like to cancel as Spotify is awesome!

Thanks
Dan

@danayscough wrote:

Hi

I am based in the UAE and had Spotify on my UK iphone when I moved over. I have just purchased a Samsung S4 and cant download the app. Please help me as I would not like to cancel as Spotify is awesome!

Thanks
Dan

Did you try the manual download link I posted above @danayscough ?

Peter

Peter

I did but it says that I am unable to download outside of google play 😕

YOu need to temporarily change one of the android settings..........security/unknown sources needs to be enabled. Download the app from the link peter posted on your android and download spotify.apk. Use a file browser to open your download folder and select spotify.apk to install it.

Don't forget to reset that security setting when you're done.

Guys, you are legends, im in!! Hooe tgis helps all my fellow middle east buddies 😊

Thanks @Joe 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,
I'm a Spotify premium subscriber and have recently moved to android. I'm in Dubai and somehow can't seem to download the app on my new Samsung s8+. Please help!

If the direct download links don't work for you, you should be able to use a VPN to access the app on Play.

Isn't there any other way of dng it? I don't have vpn as that's illegal here...

Not that I know of. If you don't have a premium subscription, it's probably not worth bothering with a VPN though. There's more on spotify in UAE here.

Marked as solution

Hey there!

Great news - you can download the app (in the APK file format) directly from the Spotify website wherever you are! No need for VPN or other tricks: just head over to https://www.spotify.com/download/other/ and select the Manual download option.

Remember that, in order to install an APK, installation from unknown sources should be enabled. This useful guide will get you going: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-install-APKs-from-unknown-sources-on-Android

Hope this helps! Have a great day 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey there!
Thanks a million! This is just what I was looking for! You're awesome!

Hey there,

No worries! I'm really glad this turned out to be the awaited solution; feel free to get in touch with me anytime if you need help!

https://open.spotify.com/track/2iT8p5HHGZoIgFME97V1fd

Have a great trip! 🙂

Hey, there's an update on Spotify but the apk isn't available on that website anymore!

Hi I am in Saudi

My wife is driving me crazy to install spotify, but I cannot manage.

She is UK at the moment and is wanting to buy SIM free phone over there and use her current UK SIM to install spotify, will this work when she returns to saudi when inserting her local SIM?

Suggested posts