Premium

Country

USA

Device

Moto E4

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

Since Wednesday of last week I've been having problems with Spotify crashing when it attempts to play my local files. No updates are available for my phone or Spotify. I've cleared cache/data and uninstalled reinstalled three times as well as rebooted my phone, and that fixes the issue for a short amount of time and then it continues to crash. The issue comes up when I'm playing a playlist on shuffle and a local file comes up next and when I try to play a specific local file. This doesn't happen at all on the Windows 10 desktop app or when only playing music that is available on Spotify. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us here! 

If you're still experiencing this issue, do you mind trying to re-upload your local files following the steps in this support article and see if that changes anything?

If not, let us know and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks - keep us posted!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Same here with my HUAWEI mate 10 pro. Its really frustrating while driving.

Workaround for me: Dont play the Playlist offline. The app skips local files that are not synced with your main device (Computer). That way you can listen to your other songs without random crashing.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us here! 

If you're still experiencing this issue, do you mind trying to re-upload your local files following the steps in this support article and see if that changes anything?

If not, let us know and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Hey, I did this and redownloaded them onto mobile, looks like this worked, I feel a little silly for not thinking of it. Thanks.

Suggested posts