Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+

Operating System

Android Oreo (whatever is most current)

My Question or Issue

Spotify pauses and must push play after 1-5 songs (random but always happens).  I have been searching the internet for weeks on a fix for this issue.  I have literally tried every tip I could find.  All I want to do is listen to Baroque period music while I sleep and it's been impossible with Spotify/Alexa.  iHeart Radio works flawlessly as does Amazon Music.  Here are the things I have tried and they've all failed to fix this issue:

- Un-installed/Re-installed Spotify.

- De-registered/re-registered Spotify on my Alexa

- Turned off anything to do with battery saving

- Disabled all notifications - both on the S9+ and in Spotify

- Disabled anything to do with data saving

- Put app to sleep has always been disabled

I am sure I missed several things as I've been clowning around with this issue for weeks.  I know this is a problem as there are posts which are months old and none give a definitive answer as to why, how or what to do to fix it.  I am out of options...well there is ONE thing I read and have not tried yet - disable data completely.  But why on Earth would I have to do this just to listen to Spotify un-interrupted?  And then I could never listen on the road?  This seems very stupid.  Has anyone out there who's had this issue, found a fix?

3 Replies

A couple more details:

- I don't have an SD Card installed

- Clearing the cache (tried many times) does nothing

- I have tried on 3 different wifi networks

I use face recognition for security.  I would have a real hard time believing that could be the cause but who knows.

I am so aggravated with this and I'm ready to find a new streaming site.  I am listening on a desktop and hard wired to the internet so it's definitely not a wifi issue!  I have it pausing sometimes 5-6 times during one song!  This only started in the last month or so.  A solution would be nice...

I decided to install Spotify on my Samsung pad which is 4-5 years old. Same problem as with the S9+. It pauses after 1 song and up to a few hours sometimes.  I even made sure to uninstall it off my phone. Pure junk. 

Suggested posts