Samsung Galaxy 9+
Android Oreo (whatever is most current)
My Question or Issue
Spotify pauses and must push play after 1-5 songs (random but always happens). I have been searching the internet for weeks on a fix for this issue. I have literally tried every tip I could find. All I want to do is listen to Baroque period music while I sleep and it's been impossible with Spotify/Alexa. iHeart Radio works flawlessly as does Amazon Music. Here are the things I have tried and they've all failed to fix this issue:
- Un-installed/Re-installed Spotify.
- De-registered/re-registered Spotify on my Alexa
- Turned off anything to do with battery saving
- Disabled all notifications - both on the S9+ and in Spotify
- Disabled anything to do with data saving
- Put app to sleep has always been disabled
I am sure I missed several things as I've been clowning around with this issue for weeks. I know this is a problem as there are posts which are months old and none give a definitive answer as to why, how or what to do to fix it. I am out of options...well there is ONE thing I read and have not tried yet - disable data completely. But why on Earth would I have to do this just to listen to Spotify un-interrupted? And then I could never listen on the road? This seems very stupid. Has anyone out there who's had this issue, found a fix?