Spotify Pausing in Car - Android

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy s8/Car stereo/Bluetooth

My Question or Issue

For some reason, for the past 2 days I have been experiencing a lot of pausing with Spotify while I'm in my car. I put my phone in my purse and lay it on the floor of my car by the center console while I drive, and I have Spotify pulled up on my phone with my screen off. 

I use Spotify Premium, and this only happens with my Galaxy s8 when I bluetooth to my car stereo. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared the cache, and spoken to customer support, and no one has an answer! I haven't had this problem before ever, and I have been using spotify premium for about 2 years. My phone and Spotify are up to date. This isn't a new car either. I have had the same Ford fusion for a year.

Please help! Feel free to ask more questions, and I will do my best to answer them.

5 Replies

Yes me too, and when I'm out running listening through bluetooth headphones. It just cuts out, though I listen to my music at work through a boombar devide and it doesn't happen v often. I'm going to try and listen on the way home and run later offline and see it does it again. I have read that some people find listening through WIFI or 4G makes it happen more often than offline. Not really a solution but I'm going to give it a go. I'm on android too S3.

I've been having the same problem with my new android car head unit, I think is a bug on the spotify app, it get confuse when my phone is connected via Bluetooth to my android car radio, thus is my situation: I open the spotify app on my android car radio, few seconds later the spotify app opens up on my cellphone by itself, making my android car radio pause the song.

Only solution so far for me was going into the settings on my android phone and force stop my spotify app, the thing is that if I use my spotify app on my phone again, the problem with the android car audio comes back 

Hey @BetoBC,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Let's start off with something simple that's often overlooked. Have you tried a reinstallation? Here you can find some detailed steps that Kate wrote.

Hope it helps! Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

I've been having this problem for a few months now. It's continuing despite updating the app, reinstalling it and and even getting a brand new phone (so a new pairing in the car). Once upon a time I'd get in the car and off Spotify would go. Now I'm lucky if it starts playing at all, let alone automatically. Then it will just randomly pause and won't restart. Samsung phones. Same vehicle it was working in before.

Hey @StepJen,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you give us a bit more info on how you're connecting to the car? Are you using Bluetooth or Carble?

Note that this issue might be related to the car's soundsystem or Bluetooth since you're experiencing the same issue with two different phones.

Keep us posted on this one.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts