Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Podcasts Unavailable

Spotify Podcasts Unavailable

• Podcasts haven't been available for last few days in app. Can't search them or see any saved shows or episodes. 

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 3A

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

24 Replies

Hey there @acfiedler32,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist?

Also - does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

It would also be great if you can log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist on the device/devices this occurs on to see if anything changes.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks for responding Jeremy.

It just happens on my Pixel 3a device - both on home wifi, outside wifi and data. 

My podcasts do show up on my laptop as well as a Kindle Fire tablet. 

I had cleared the cache, did a restart, and even uninstalled / installed Spotify. Bit weird.

Hey @acfiedler32,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app, but can you make sure to follow these specific steps? Those are for a clean reinstall, which is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, could you log in to a different account on the affected device and let us know if the same happens? This would help us determine if this is an account-related issue.

We'd also like to know the Spotify version you're running, along with the OS version of the affected device.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

I did the re-install that you suggested there. Same problem persists. 

spotify version 8.5.89.901

Android version 11 on Pixel 3a

Hi again @acfiedler32,

Thanks for your reply and for that info.

If you're using a VPN, we recommend disconnecting it as it can interfere with the app.

If that's not the case, to help us narrow down the possible cause of this issue, we recommend trying with a different account. If you don't have any other account available to try, you can create a free account here.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

So, I made a new account. May be important to note that it's a free account (since the one I'm having issues with is Premium). I was able to, without error, click on the Podcast Following tab and then follow a few podcasts. Those showed up without error on the test account.

I am still having issues on my main account, however. No VPN on my phone. Just says "Something went wrong. Have another go?" at the bottom of the Podcast/Downloads and Podcast/Shows in the app.

Hi again @acfiedler32

Not to worry. Keep in mind that your subscription type doesn't affects these kinds of issues.

In this case, we'd recommend making sure that your device has enough storage space available and that you're not using any battery saving/task killing apps, as these could interfere with Spotify's cache. 

Let us know how it goes. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No battery saving/task killing apps. And it has plenty of storage space available, especially after reinstalling. Still perplexed.

Hey, @acfiedler32

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind performing a soft reset on your device to see if it helps? 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator

Did the soft reset. Same errors on the Downloads / Shows pages.

Hey there again @acfiedler32,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting steps you've been doing so far.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

No SD card for this phone.

Hi again @acfiedler32,

Could you log into your account using a different device and let us know if you're able to play a podcast to your phone using Connect

If this doesn't work, could you send us a screenshot where we can see the app section where the podcasts should be? We'll investigate further.

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator

That played fine.

I could log in to my Surface Pro. Play Spotify via the app (didn't try the browser). And then connect to my phone. That played without a hiccup.
If I go on my phone and in to my podcasts page, it still shows the error in Downloads and Shows (but can play still).

Hey @acfiedler32

Thanks for your confirmation and your patience. 

Would you mind sending a screenshot where we can see the error you're getting in the podcasts page?

Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

Okay. 

Screenshot_20210102-122357.png

Hi @acfiedler32

Thanks for this info. 

Could you let us know if the same thing happens when you activate the Offline Mode? 

We'd also recommend clearing the app's cache by following the steps you'll find here

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator

Same issue. I turned on offline mode then deleted my cache. Restarted my phone. Then turned off offline mode, deleted cache then went back to offline mode. Both cases gave the same error, unfortunately.

Hi @acfiedler32

Thanks for trying all these troubleshooting steps. 

Since it seems that the issue only persists on your account, a possible workaround would be to keep using the new account you've created. You can check the steps here about how to transfer your music collection from your current account to the new one.

Additionally, you'll be able to cancel your subscription following these steps and re-subscribe on your new account.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts