Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Premium Won't Go 'Online'

Spotify Premium Won't Go 'Online'

Hi guys,

I'd be really grateful for your help with a problem on my Spotify Premium that I've noticed over the last few days. 

Description & Steps taken to get issue

When I go to settings and click the 'Offline Mode' button, it does not appear to register when I go back online. By this, I mean that if I've been listening offline and then seek to go online, it does not reset the 'counter' for "Days before you have to go online".

I tend to use my Spotify in the car and, when I arrive home, I would take it out of offline mode and into online mode.  I have been 'online' overnight and yet the counter does not recognise that this is the case when I next go 'offline'.  It would say, for example, "Days before you have to online: 22".

However, I have noticed that, for example, if I were in offline mode and set a playlist to download then, as expected, it would not download.  If I then switch to 'online mode', the playlist downloads and works offline.

It appears that the counter is just not registering that I am going online and I'm concerned that the playlists might be wiped if it doesn't register this.

What I expected to happen

I expected the counter to reset when I go online so, when I next go offline, it would read "Days before you have to go online: 29".  At present, it is still counting down.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes. 

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes.  I have uninstalled Spotify, formatted the SD card, rebooted, reinstalled Spotify.  Problem still exists.

Your device

HTC One M8

Device’s Operating System

Android 5.0.1.

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

6 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

Don't think this is applicable

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

29 GB

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

Yes - or, at least, Spotify downloads the music to this.

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

N/A - I've told Spotify not to download on mobile data.

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.15.27.g87efe634

My mobile provider and country

Vodafone, United Kingdom

My username

To find this, click on your name at the top right of the site (next to where it says "Log out") then click Overview.

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

No.

I'd be really grateful for your help!

Cheers

Rob

1 Reply

Hi guys,

Am I worrying about nothing over this? The counter is still ticking down - even though I've been online....!

Cheers

Suggested posts