Spotify Problems

Highlighted

Spotify Problems

Casual Listener
I can pick a song, it begins to play. I shut the screen off on my Galaxy Note 5 and the music will continue to play for 15 or so seconds, then cut off. I also commonly do not have access to any music other then music I've downloaded. A message appears 'song not available ' why? For every song? I pay to be a premium customer, i shouldn't even have to come here and ask to find help and waste my time, i should be able to get direct support from Spotify. I will be leaving as soon as i find another music provider I am comfortable with. Thanks for the nothing i pay for, Spotify.
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Spotify Problems

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@PG007

Samsung introduced an agressive power saving option which is closing Spotify when the application is sent to the background or the screen display turned off.

Check this thread:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Stops-playing-on-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge/m-p/1311156/

There is a battery saving option that you need to turn off. More info here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PSA-Samsung-users-please-read/td-p/1334731 

osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
All of this complete as you say, and i still have the problem. Music cuts off soon after screen off. Music unavailable and i pay for premium. I want to cancel my subscription and get a refund for July i just paid for but can't listen.
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey, here's a fuller list of settings which can cause music to stop, particularly when streaming from spotify.

• Wifi/More/keep wifi on during sleep - set to always
  • Battery - Power saving modes off
  • Battery/App power saving/details - make sure Spotify is not listed. If it is, select and disable
SUGGESTED POSTS