Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify SD Card & Offline Files

Solved!

Spotify SD Card & Offline Files

Hi all,

Was just wondering about how Spotify works in terms off storing offline files because I couldn't seem to find exactly what I was looking for.

So atm I've got storage set to my SD card (/storage/3432-3138). My phone ran out of battery and turned off and after recharging and opening Spotify, I had no access to previously downloaded offline files - they seem to have been removed for some reason? (This is a whole different issue.)

So in the event that offline files are removed (like if you do so from your Accounts page), are they also removed from SD card storage? Or do you have to manually delete them from the SD card?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. What happens when spotify can't see the cache (which contains your downloaded music) on the SD card, for whatever reason, is that it creates a new cache in internal storage. The original cache remains on the SD card but is redundant. You can safely delete the folder android/data/com.spotify.music on your SD card manually.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I think the battery loss may have dismounted the card and moved saved data and cache back to phone but maybe out if space there. I recommend reinstalling the app, reselecting sd card as storage and then resync. Long winded but likely to work, good luck!

I doubt i've run out of space/storage and I always tried the steps you suggested to no avail. But I just wanted to now how the Offline Files and such actually work because in the event these Offline Files are removed, are they still going to be stored on the SD card somewhere? i.e. taking up unnecessary space since it's no accessible from the Spotify app?

Marked as solution

Hi. What happens when spotify can't see the cache (which contains your downloaded music) on the SD card, for whatever reason, is that it creates a new cache in internal storage. The original cache remains on the SD card but is redundant. You can safely delete the folder android/data/com.spotify.music on your SD card manually.

Lol what a strange process, but thank you anyway! That's what I wanted to know just in case it happens again cos I don't mind re-syncing, I just don't want files being stored redundantly for this

You're welcome and don't worry, you'll soon get used to spotify's quirks 🙂

Yea but i cannot find that directory

Suggested posts