Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Showing Username/Account Name Next To Artist Name/Album Title/Song Title In Playlist Que

Spotify Showing Username/Account Name Next To Artist Name/Album Title/Song Title In Playlist Que

Hi Everyone I've been a Spotify Premium Listener for almost 4 years currently utilizing Spotify on an LG/XPower Android Device. My question is this: since installing the latest version of Spotify, Im since noticing that when playing any of my current playlists, suddenly in the playlist que list on the screen...my Username/Account name "Alex Beltane" appears right next to the artist name/songtitle/album title in the 30 song que...anybody.else .experiencing the extra account name clutter on their accounts with newest version? here's a pic: (Btw please fix this Team Spotify, it makes scrolling through the playlist que more difficult in terms of seeing the artist's name right away for given track)

Screenshot_2018-08-13-17-46-25.png
19 Replies

Hi, I'm having the same "problem" you describe in your post.

Since updating today the Spotify Android App, when I'm in one of my playlists, I see my username on every single song, below the track name, and on the left margin, prior to Band Name and Album Name. I've checked on the Settings Menu if there was an option to HIDE the username on every song, but couldn't find it. It's really annoying

Thank you for the reply, thought I was at first the only one dealing with this annoyance.

dont get why Spotify thinks people would want their Username stamped on the playlists..it's extra uneccesary **bleep** that has no purpose on the Playlist

I have the same thing on my Android phone too since yesterday. However on Windows PC everything is "normal" - no username in playlists below each track.

I want to know - is it a temporary technical issue or Spotify made the username shown for the purpose and WHY?? It is annoying as **bleep** because you can't see an artist name properly when scrolling through playlist on the phone. You have to look at your name and surname all the time.

Please let us know what is happening, Spotify team. 

I'm having the same problem. I thought it was me as I had issues with my SD card and then redownloaded all again and now my name is on every song! 

When the song plays though the name disappears. 

20180814_212806.jpg

I noticed the same issue - glad it's not just me who was annoyed by it! Don't see why this was added, it's a pointless feature...

Yes, I have the same issue with my Android phone. It is very annoying and confusing when looking for artist names... I know it's my playlist, I don't need to be reminded 3449 times!

Having the same issue

Im having the same issue, and its EXTRA annoying for me cause of my long **bleep** name.... sometimes I cant see any of the info I want to see, its ridiculous...

Screenshot_20180816-060150.png

I also noticed this a few days ago. I tried changing my name to shorten it but also found out that I can't change it either! I wonder what does their development team spends their time on, since I don't see any helpful changes in both the Desktop or Android app.

It's disappointing that such a big company is so clueless with their own product.

It's so annoying. I have the same problem. Please fix this asap, Spotify!

It's good to know that others are suffering the same problem as me. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

This doesn't really seem like a "problem", I think it was an intentional update. The feature makes sense for collaborative playlists so you know who added what song, but it appears on my non-collab playlist which is extremely annoying and inconvenient. Please change this Spotify!

@GroverThaGreat wrote:

This doesn't really seem like a "problem", I think it was an intentional update. The feature makes sense for collaborative playlists so you know who added what song, but it appears on my non-collab playlist which is extremely annoying and inconvenient. Please change this Spotify!

Except that it appears only in the playlists that are created by the logged in user and not in playlists created by others. At least for me. That's the most irritating part.

Wasting precious screen space to display my own name under each song title of my own playlists makes no sense. I know my name. No need to repeat it as many times as I have songs in my playlists.

At least it does not happen in the "Songs" list. 

@Teekivi wrote:

@GroverThaGreat wrote:

Except that it appears only in the playlists that are created by the logged in user and not in playlists created by others. At least for me. That's the most irritating part.

Wasting precious screen space to display my own name under each song title of my own playlists makes no sense. I know my name. No need to repeat it as many times as I have songs in my playlists.

Yeah that's even worse, I had only checked my own main playlist and saw it there so I assumed maybe in a collab playlist it showed which users added what songs. I guess I assumed wrong. 

Regardless, just why Spotify? How could you possibly think this was a good idea?

@GroverThaGreat wrote:

@Teekivi wrote:

@GroverThaGreat wrote:

Yeah that's even worse, I had only checked my own main playlist and saw it there so I assumed maybe in a collab playlist it showed which users added what songs. I guess I assumed wrong. 

Regardless, just why Spotify? How could you possibly think this was a good idea?

My bet is that this is just a bug. 

Same problem. Spotify, please change this or make it an option to turn it off. Or at the very least make it so it appears at the end, after the artist and album. 

I'm adding to this thread because this is a horrible feature that nobody asked for and I hope by spreading awareness of this horrible atrocity that we can purge it from the app! Get with the program, Spotify!

The issue is now fixed, at least as of Spotify for Android v8.4.68.911 armV7.

Yes, about week ago it returned back as it was before. No user First and Last name in playlists anymore.

Thank you Spotify

Suggested posts