Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify ULTRA slow showing playlists and songs

Spotify ULTRA slow showing playlists and songs

The Android app is very slow at showing songs or playlists this is both on wifi and Mobile net.

It will often think for 30sec. 1 ½ min just trying to slow my playlists or the songs in the playlist and cant just open the app and say i wanna listen to a song as it always takes a ton of time.

The same for podcasts and have tested on several different android phones.

Huawei P10, Huawei P smart 2019, Samsung galaxy s6, Google nexus 6P, Huawei P20 pro.

All the phones running the latest version of android that was available for the specific models as well as latest version of spotify version from the google play store.

5 Replies

Hey there @Vonplaf,

Thanks for voicing this out in the Community! 

There are 2 things you could try in this case: 

1. A clean reinstall.
  2. Open the phone's Settings > search for "Optimise battery usage" > click on "Apps not optimised" and select "All" > search for Spotify and disable battery optimization. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Plan

Premium

Country

the Netherlands

Device

Samsung A50

Operating System

Android 9.0 (Pie)

My Question or Issue

Since about (roughly) 3-6 months my Spotify app doesn't seem to work properly. I'm experiencing incredibly long loading times. Loading an artist of playslist can take up to five minutes. 
My first thought was that the issue was my phone, wich was a Huwei P Smart at the time. So obiviously I thought my problems would be resolved when I traded in my Huawei P Smart for a new Samsung Galaxy A50. Unfortunately nothing's had changed. 
The app became so slow that, after seven years, I am sincerely considdering quiting Spotify, and looking for alternatives. Since I really enjoyed the Spotify services in the past, I hope you can help me resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

Ruben

I tried both the solutions offered below and neither have amde a difference. I too am finding that the app takes ages to load a song, artist, playlist - anything. I pay for premium and if it continues I will be cancelling my contract

I feel exactly the same way. I have subscribed to Spotify premium for years and don't really want to change to something else but the slow running of this update is really annoying and needs to be fixed ASAP 

Mine is doing it and I got the premium and it's also doing it offline to

Suggested posts