Premium

Country

Australia

Device

LG v30+ LG-H930DS

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Since the latest Spotify update 8.4.77.779 my spotify app is sturggling to connect to mobile network of Wi-Fi.
Try to search for music mostly times out and says "something went wrong", the occasions I can get through and try to play a song it takes forever to start up if it does start. Then when I try to add a song to my playlist is says "go online" or something along those lines.

Trying to offline a playlist of around 200 songs goes extremely slow. Has 120 songs left after 3 days of trying to download.

I have great connectivity on both 4G and WiFi (cable) networks.

I have restarted my phone, reinstalled the app and nothing helped. I also deleted the "offline devices" on my profile through my browser.

3 Replies

I constantly have similar issues - app just spins like its looking for network when I know the connection is fast/fine.  The only help solutions are to uninstall and reinstall spotify. This will delete all your downloads so you have to start again. I have done this on numerous occasions - not sure but it seems to me that the more downloads you have the slower the app. Its extrememly frustrationg and spotify does not seem to care or see this as an issue. Have been a premium user for a few years now, but considering other options as there is no customer care. 

BTW when you uninstall and re install the app works again, but wehen you go back to downloading you wind up in the same place again. I have to download because I travel often and am often without network...

Totally frustrating.

Resetting my phone totally was the only fix for me

It has been 1 week and have had no issue since... Still annoying that i needed to reset my whole phone though just for Spotify. 

Suggested posts