Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Unlimited, radio skips

Spotify Unlimited, radio skips

When I purchased spotify UNLIMITED I was under the assumption I would have unlimited radio skips for my android. Is this a bug? Or is this intended? I've looked on a few sites that've said paid members should have no limit...

18 Replies

I believe its only Premium members that have no limit
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

HaplessG00N - Licenced is right, only Premium subscribers will have this feature. You can see the differences between Unlimited and Premium here: http://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/overview/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have a premium account and I am still getting the "skip limit" message on my iOS app.  This is the only reason I signed up for Premium, and you have no way for me to contact customer service other than the community message board, apparently.  Is this a scam?

It's not a scam, no. There looks to be a slight delay in upgrading accounts at the moment. If you could log out and in, you should get that Premium.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

It has been nearly 24 hours and the Spotify app on my phone is still telling me I only have 6 skips.  I have logged out and logged back in several times.  It shows me as a Premium user on my desktop app, but still applies the skip limit to my phone. 

Deleting the iphone app and re-installing seems to have solved the problem.  Now I just wish I knew why it resets my "curent station" to Rihanna every time I load the ihpone app, and doesn't save my newly created stations in "your stations" on the desktop app.

Apparently this is a problem specifically with the artist radio I'm trying to add: "something a la mode"

I had the same trouble with the Android App.  Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it after upgrading to Premium fixed the skip issue.  Simply logging out and signing backing in did not work to remove the skips on the several times I tried.

Hope this helps!

Sam schrieb:
HaplessG00N - Licenced is right, only Premium subscribers will have this feature. You can see the differences between Unlimited and Premium here: http://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/overview/

As this link does not work for me (only forwards to a general overview https://www.spotify.com/de/#premium ), I wonder if the skip limit of 6 skips (per hour?) for Spotify Free and Unlimited users only applies to radio stations or also to playlists and album plays? And is this skip limit the same in all Spotify apps, or are there differences in the desktop client, mobile phones with different OS or the web player?

OK, I checked the desktop client and the web player with my Spotify Free account, and there don't seem to be any skip limits, neither on playlists nor on radio stations based on playlists. So is the skip limit mentioned in this thread only for the Android app and/or all mobile phone apps?

I have the same problem with spotify. I had a redeem code, got premium, but I can only skip track six times.

I deleted the app, re-installed it but it doesnt solve the problem. It says that I need to get premium for unlimited skips, but I HAVE premium!!

Anyone who knows how I can enjoy my playlists and skip track whenever I want?

@pezagalaxy Could you follow the steps in this thread to get your premium working please.

@hans-jürgen Yes free mobile limits skips to 6 per hour. Is it possible you're currently on the 48 hour free premium trial?

I agree, I was under the same impression with the Spotify Unlimited equaling unlimited skips. I had premium for 2-3 months (1 month of the free 1 month premium services and 1 bought month of premium I think), however I recently didn't have enough money to purchase premium again, and I figured it would last longer if I just paid 4.99 for my skipping and track-selection. I thought the only diffrence was basicly no offline playlist which I did not need since I get LTE all around me with the new 50GB SHARED data plan from AT&T. I don't know if its my app or what, but I think in the upcoming weeks Spotify needs to clarify their exact product(s), instead of only advertising Free and Premium with unlimited as an "alternative" when you can checkout. I think its pretty BS that I paid for something I would rather not have, and I don't know of any other way to contact Spotify, maybe by email which I think I'v also done before but it took 2 days to get back to me. I'd rather have KNOWN about the whole products and then bought the Premium plan instead, now that I have enough cash. If I could get a refund, or a discounted premium ($4.99 off the premium, so I can basicly "PAY" for the premium as if I would have anyway, instead of having this unlimited, that is if unlimited isn't what I think it is, which at the moment is most likely the case).

I just want to know the exact specifications of what Free, Unlimited, and Premium are and I'll be happy. Also, if maybe a Spotify Billing Support rep could get in contact with me and maybe offer me the premium code for $5 instead of $9.99, cause I JUST bought the $4.99 spotify unlimited today, and as of now I don't really like it, its not what I wanted. Anyway, yea I think I'v explained my thoughts well enough. I hope Spotify changes the advertising method for their plans, making it more clear.

EDIT: Sorry for posting this under android, I did a google search didn't relize this was an android post. I have the iPhone 5s xD, but yea same things apply anyway.

I have written an unofficial summary of what is included in each of the plans over on this topic.

As for refunds etc, you can get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with that.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you so much for that helpful information and fast as heck reply. I just wish that all spotify users were able to see that before purchasing Spotify, as in it is placed on the MAIN page. Anyway, I guess I don't need a refund, I have $10 extra on paypal, and I noticed I could convert my bought Unlimited (27 days left) to Spotify Premium for 13 days :). So, I'll have 42-44 days of Spotify Premium for $15. I'll forever ❤️ spotify xD. Now I just got to go see if I can get this app to switch me back and re-dl all my music. Thanks so much again for your speedy reply and very detailed post.

EDIT: It switched me back, so I'm happy :D.

EDIT 2: http://prntscr.com/2q6tmn, Your list states music is playable "On Demand" with the unlimited, which is not true. I wasn't able to play from my playlist "on demand" it was always forcing me to shuffle only, and at the bottom it should say free-unlimited is limited to 6 skips, premium is not.

That is a good point, will update it now! Thanks for the heads up.

Peter

I have premium but as of yesterday I can't skip songs on any radio station. It doesn't give me any kind of error but instead just replays the same song. I've tried logging out and back in on my phone and computer with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like this open bug @karmacoma87 .

Peter

Suggested posts