Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Windows Phone

Spotify Windows Phone

I have a Premium account and used it extensively on my Samsung Android phone in Seoul, Korea. I recently lost that phone and got a new Sangsung Android phone and I don't know how to get Spotify on it. I already have two mobile devices connected to my account but I don't know how to remove those, if needed. How can I go about getting Spotify on my new phone in Korea? When I search for Spotify in Google Play, it does not appear to show up.

4 Replies

Spotify isn't available in South Korea which is why you can't find it in the Play store. You could grab an older version by pointing your browser at http://m.spotify.com

Do you know why Spotify worked fine on my previous phone and currently on my laptop? Am I grandfathered in somehow before it became 'not available'?

Anyhow, that worked like a charm. Thanks!

Premium can be used in South Korea as long as you use a payment method based in a country which has spotify. However, Google Play restricts available applications based on the mobile's country which is why you can't find the spotify app there. It is possible to spoof a diggerent country to get around this involving a custom ROM and an android app but this is way over my head 🙂

Suggested posts