Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Won't Play Any Tracks

Spotify Won't Play Any Tracks

Hi everyone,

I've tried as many as the trouble shooting solutions as I could find on here for this problem, but I still can't get Spotify to play anything on my Samsung S5, although it works fine on both my home and work PCs.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Spotify many times, cleared the cache and tried to connecting to Wi-Fi instead of my mobile data network.

I can log-in, search, add songs to playlists and all the other things you can do with Spotify. However, it won't play anything.

I'm out of ideas and would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Is it that is not playing or that you can't hear anything?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

It just won't play anything.

I can search songs fine, but, when I go to play them, nothing happens.

I mean, I touch the song I want to hear and there is a flash, but the screen stays exactly the same and there isn't the little player at the bottom.

I've also tried to go to an artists radio station and play that, but the result is the same.

I have the same problem with my samsung and I just got premium. Someone please help because I'm not at all satisfied that I'm paying for something that isn't working at all

Hey Lattimore,

Any issues with playing media files (mp3's, etc.) in other apps on your phone? Given that you've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, that should clear up most issues. I'm curious though, have you tried going under Spotify's Settings Menu (Click the Gear that shows up on the bottom right hand side of the pop-out window after you press the three horizontal bars on the left hand side) and clearing out the cache and data? If so, I'd also recommend doing it through your phone as well under your phone's Settings menu, then tapping Apps and choosing Spotify, then clicking Clear Data. This should delete the application's configuration files, which may be causing the issue if they're corrupted-- uninstalling the app doesn't always do this. Try that out and see how it works!

Thanks!
-Zavor

Hi Sweetcherrypie,

I provided some instructions in a post here on this thread for Lattimore. Can you try those steps and see how those work out for you after you log back in to the app?

Thanks!

-Zavor

Suggested posts