Announcements

Spotify Won't Sync Local Tracks On My Phone

Spotify Won't Sync Local Tracks On My Phone

Trojan169

I am a Spotify Premium user and I cannot get any of my local tracks to sync onto my phone. I just recently brought a new Galaxy Note 3. I have the phone and the computer on the same WiFi network and have the playlist downloaded on the phone and mark available offline on the computer. What am I doing wrong here?

11 Replies

Re: Spotify Won't Sync Local Tracks On My Phone

Joe
Community Legend

I think the FAQ is misleading, if not wrong. Here are a couple of ways to synch local files to your android.

For both methods, spotify must be running on your android and should appear under "Devices" in the desktop client.

Method 1

• On the android select a playlist you want synched then hit the big green "Download" button.
  • Repeat for any other playlists you want synched - no need to wait for the first one to finish.
  • You can also long press on a playlist and select "Download" from the pop-up menu.

Method 2

• In the desktop client, select your mobile device in the left panel under "Devices"
  • Make sure "Manually choose playlists to synch" is selected at the top
  • Mark the playlists you want synched to your mobile - synching should start straight away and you can monitor the progress at the top

If you have problems, please shout.

marciors05

It's possible to play music files stored in the internal memory of an android smartphone?

Joe
Community Legend

No. You have to import local files using the desktop client, put them into a playlist then download the playlist on your android.

Gryst
Casual Listener

Hi,

First of all, i'm french so sorry for my english. 

My problem is, i imported songs from my local files on my computer. 

Then, i synchronized my playlist(s) on my android phone (with the same connexion but my computer is connected with ethernet (if it change somerhing)). 

So after this, on my phone, i can only listen to one song i synchronized and all others are "blacked" and i can't listen to them. 

How can i fix this ? 

Here a screen from my computer.

On my phone, i can listen to "Joy feat arthur Agrand - Woman" but all others below, i can't.

screen spotify.png

Joe
Community Legend

Bon jour.

Any issues are normally down to communication issues so here's a list of things to check if local files won't download.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

Gryst
Casual Listener

Thanks,

I'll try these things but what is weird is sync worked for one song (that i can listen to) and failed for others (i can't listen to them). 

Joe
Community Legend

Not weird if you hit the download limit or ran out of free storage on your phone.You should see a status message when you download local files saying something like "downloading x of y" or, possibly, "wating to download". Do you see anything like that?

Gryst
Casual Listener

All seems OK but i still have the problem. 

I don't see anymessage like that 😕

Joe
Community Legend

Work through the checklist I posted again, carefully.

trenthoge

Hello! I am having a similar problem but on my phone (Galaxy S5) it just says waiting to download. What should I do?

damianbrand

thanks,

it worked with the firewall disabled.

SUGGESTED POSTS