Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Link for 'Your Top Songs 2023' playlist doesnt work

Solved!

Link for 'Your Top Songs 2023' playlist doesnt work

Device

Samsung Galaxy 23

Operating System

Android 

Issue:

When my friends share their link to their 'Your Top Songs 2023' playlist, it always opens my own playlist instead when I click it.

When I've closed the app and cleared the cache, and then open their link, it'll work for the first click but then any other subsequent links I click will still resort to opening up my own 2023 playlist. It's so weird.

Anyone know how to fix this? It's really annoying!! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The wrapped '22 link on their profile probably just opens yours and not theirs for some reason.
As in, anyone who selects that item will view their own playlist. Maybe it's a playlist you can't share and have to copy to another playlist to actually show everyone else what you got..
But yeah, hope this helps!

Edit: I found this FAQ about Wrapped. It says that the Top 100 playlist can only be shared via the mobile app?
This seems to be the only way others can view your songs and not their own.. (aside from, you know, copying the songs to a new playlist which is just unnecessary but does the job regardless).
Seems that the desktop link to the Top 100 playlist will do the opposite as it consistently opens my own playlist instead..

View solution in original post

35 Replies

I was looking at an old friends profile when I noticed that under their playlists was my Spotify wrapped playlist for 2021 (which I have never gotten myself). When my sister looked using her account, her wrapped playlist was in the same place mine appeared. What does that mean?

USA

iPhone 11

Hey there @Ethanmanning,

Thanks for the post.

The Wrapped playlist (Your Top Songs) will contain only personalized songs for your account. Even if you share it with another user and they follow it, the list will contain songs curated for their music taste and preferences.

You should be able to see Your Top Songs for 2021 playlist if you search for "Wrapped" in the app. If you can't find it, that means that the algorithm wasn't able to gather enough data on your listening activity during the campaign and create the playlist.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey,

So how can we share our top playlist with our friends then? Is there a feature for that?

This is what I’m trying to find out also. You used to be able to share your playlist with your friends. Now when you share your playlist they open it and it’s their own playlist.

Wow that's terrible, I want to share my wrapped playlists and stories with my friends. We enjoy similar music.

That stinks. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to share with you this article, so you can read more about how to share your 2022 Wrapped. So keep in mind you can share the playlist by making a copy of it. You can share a link to the playlist, but take into account the shared link will always redirect users to their own personalized Top Songs playlist (if eligible) or Wrapped hub (if ineligible).

We'd also like to share with you this FAQ, in which you can learn more about this year's Wrapped.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Man thats terrible. Makes the sharing experience on instagram worthless. Why share it on the story if you cant even share with other people to actually listen to?

this does not answer the question 

I hope you improve this for next year. We'd really like to be able to share our playlists with friends without having to go through the whole copying process. It does kinda defeat the purpose of sharing on social media. 

I remember last year being able to add a friends wrapped to my profile as a playlist. Why change it so it isn’t possible? Just found out when my girlfriend sent me her wrapped link and it just took me to mine. 

Solution to sharing: 

Just create a copy of your personalized playlist. Save it as whatever you want. Then, you can share that playlist with anyone. 

I don't understand this. . . If the person is not someone you are following, and they are not following you, why does the Wrap still appear on their playlist list?

When I try to share my Spotify Unwrapped playlist, the recipient is taken to THEIR unwrapped playlist NOT mine. Why?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Same issue here!

Same for my wife and I too. 

I'm wondering if that is the way Spotify set it up to work or if it is a glitch.  Normally when you share a playlist, it shares the playlist that you selected to share...not some other playlist you've never seen or have access to. 

I send few of my friends my wrapped list and they can't see my wrapped and it is the same with me, they have send mi their link and I only see my wrapped, any resolve m

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Same. I have the same issue when I try to share either the playlist or the story. I tried looking at past issues, and the workarounds are 12 step nonsense. I don't understand why it is so hard to share my playlists, even within my family account.

Please make it easier for us to share!

Bro it's working fine. I tried one hour before.

Scroll down & See "Wrapped is Here". Select your Playlist and Enjoy 🎧

Suggested posts