Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify adding songs to 'Liked Songs' playlist that I didn't 'like'

Spotify adding songs to 'Liked Songs' playlist that I didn't 'like'

I am using Premium. I have not found the exact issue, just round abouts and from 2017 and older. So the solutions don't help me.

Samsung Galaxay S9

Android Pie

App version 8.5.21.754

* I listen to specific artists.

* I 'like' their songs.

* Those 'liked' songs are added to Your Library >> Liked Songs as expected.

* 3 times now I have seen songs in Your Library >> Liked Songs that I have not 'liked'. Sometimes 50+ songs from artists I've never heard of.

* I have to manually go to each song and 'unlike' them.

* How do I stop this?

* Why is this happening?

* Is someone else using my account? As far as I can tell, no.

Thanks

28 Replies

Hey @redtide1,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If that doesn't do the trick and you can still see these songs, we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can look into this further and provide you with the best solution.

If you have questions, we are here for you.

Stay safe!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

• Hi, I have been having the same issue and I thought it was just me. Did you ever find a solution to make it stop? Thanks. 

Hey @JM7017,

Thanks for posting here.

It's a good idea to try these steps in case you see unexpected changes on your Spotify account.

You can also check these steps in order to protect your account.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It's greatly concerning to see that a question, asked for years, has been given near to none quality attention. This tells a lot about quality of service. My liked list had, to my surprise, 800+ songs in it. Some of them were entire albums that I've marked to download. Then again, I've marked to download, I myself did not like all of them (none of them, in fact). The app clearly took that decision for the user. In the Windows app, I was able to batch delete the unwanted ones, clearly a workaround. 
So, in short, two points: please improve quality of user service; second, be righteous and admit fast and accurately when you do have software gaps or even bugs. This circumvention does little but tarnishing, even more, the company's name.

I have this issue as well.  I have premium. 

As it turns out, it was my fault all along. I had liked a Motown greatest hits album at some point, so it automatically liked all 50 songs on it, so Spotify thought I must really love Motown, and it gave me a Motown channel every day. Once I unliked that album, the channel dropped off quickly.

This was a great solution to my problem that everyone looks like they were dealing with!

1. Absolutely right! In my case it is even more ridiculous since I have been using "brown noise" to help me sleep and now they insert brown noise "songs" in my liked list! Example: zzzzzzxxcccchhhhhhhhhhh

I have this issue.  I randomly thought of a Punk/Thrash metal band I listened to back in the early '90s and thought I would see if they were on Spotify.  As soon as I clicked on their artist page, I saw a popup (PC app) that said I had liked 30 of their songs.  The last time I even heard this band, it was on a cassette in a Pioneer tape deck in my '84 Ramcharger.  There is no way I have ever liked this band's material as I have never thought to look them up on Spotify.

And no, my account is secure and password was changed recently, so please stop recommending that nonsense and acting like there is no problem.  Just skimming this thread and the foolhardy attempts to push this off on account security issues is enough to make me go to Apple or Amazon for music.

Suggested posts