Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app doesn't list Sonos Speaker, but Sonos App can play Spotify music on it

Spotify app doesn't list Sonos Speaker, but Sonos App can play Spotify music on it

I have 5 sonos Speakers and a Spotify Premium account.  I am using spotify on my Android (Pie) phone and Mac OS computer.

On both devices listed above, I can play Spotify music on my Sonos speaker (called Lounge) when I use the Sonos App.  But if I use the Spotify App, the speaker called Lounge does not show up.  The other 4 speakers show up fine.

I have restarted speaker, computer, check for upgrades on all devices, etc.

51 Replies

Hey there everyone,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We've summed up all troubleshooting steps that have solved the issue for some users bellow:

• Unlink your Spotify Account from the Sonos app.
  • Clear the cache of both apps and perform a clean reinstall. The steps for the Spotify app can be found here
  • Make sure that all devices are on the same network and the internet connection is stable. If you have the option, try it out with another one.
  • Restart and unplug your PC/mobile device, router and Sonos speaker.
  • Make sure that the Spotify app has all permissions enabled in the settings of your device.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

None of all the troubleshooting tips have worked.

I have:

1. Symfonisk Shelf connected by ethernet cable and which appears on sonos.com to be online. It's possible to play Spotify through the Sonos app, but not through the Spotify app.

Prior to switching to ethernet cable this speaker was connected through wifi. On occasion it would be possible to play directly from Spotify, but not for all devices and not all the time. This triggered the switch to a cable connection. 

2. Play:1 connected through wifi and which appears on sonos.com to be online. This speaker has no problems. Everything works.

Hey @thusgaard,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

To the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, we'd like to add a dew more. It's a good idea to check if your device firmware is up-to-date. We'd suggest that you also restart the router.

If that doesn't help, you can try with another account. Does the issue persist?

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator

I've done all the steps listed and still experiencing this problem...

It just feels like neither Spotify/Sonos is owning this and resolving it for users

Hey @KM61852,

Thanks for all the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you also tried it with another network connection right?

If that's the case could you let us know the make, model and OS version of the device you're having trouble connecting to the Sonos speaker? We'd appreciate it if you could try it out with another device as well, if that's an option.

Let us know how things work out. We'll be right here should any questions come up.

Mihail Moderator

I didn't see trying it with another network connection as a troubleshooting step above, but that's not an option for me as I don't have another connection. I have restarted my router multiple times during the last 6 months trying to troubleshoot (and moved houses too - if that counts as "another network connection").

Both my Play:1 and Beam devices are not working.

Hey @KM61852,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It's a good idea to also try switching off Show local devices only. Can you see any devices when you click on Devices Available?

If the issue persists, we'd suggest you get in touch with Sonos. The team there can investigate this further and give you more Information about it

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

Hi all,

I was struggling with the same issue the last few weeks as well. My Sonos system stopped appearing in the Spotify app. 
After updating all my Sonos speakers from version 12.1 to 12.2 today, everything is working properly again.

I've tried everything, and for the life of me can't get my Android device to find the Sonos S2 through Spotify connect, EXCEPT if I first use my computer to start a song on the Sonos through Spotify connect, then I can control from the app for a while.

Yes I've tried

* Reinstall both apps from scratch (I'm an Android developer so I feel pretty confident I did it right)

* Reboot AND reset router to factory settings!

* Enable control sonos from other devices

* Different combinations of "Show local devices" and "Spotify connect in background". On /off.

* Different spotify accounts on the Sonos

* Reboot Sonos

* Sonos 12.2 software installed

I must be going mad!!! Please help me!

EDIT: Spotify Connect works great for my other devices e.g. Chromecast and Argon Audio. What is up with this Sonos POS?

Hi @besez,

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind letting us know if this is still happening when you use a different network? 

Also, have you made sure that your Spotify account is linked to your Sonos account before selecting the Sonos device in Connect?

If your accounts are already linked, we'd recommend unlinking/relinking them by following the steps in this support article.

Let us know how it goes. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Relinking did not make a difference. I don't have any other networks to test with at this time.

Hi again @besez,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, could you check that you have enabled "Control Sonos from Spotify" in the Sonos app under settings?

We'd also recommend making sure that both devices are connected to the same network.

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator

I'm having the same issue here. My spotify account is linked with the sonos app. The spotify app does not list the Sonos speaker through the "devices available".
I currently have the following setup all connected on the same wifi.
- iPhone (software version 14.4)
- Premium subscription to Spotify (version 8.5.96.967)
- Sonos OS (S2) app (version 12.2.5)

Can you please advise on what to do next to resolve the issue.

Hey @J_Cadena,

Thanks for posting.

We're sorry to hear you're also experiencing issues with this. Could you please list any of the troubleshooting steps posted above? That way we can avoid suggesting repeating any of them.

Keep us posted, we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

HI all,

I just started to experience this weird problem today.

I have 2x Play:1 and 1x Play:3.
And since today, I cannot see the Play:3 in Spotify (neither on my Mac nor my Android app). Both Play:1 are normally shown in Spotify app.

I swiped the cache already and restarted my network 

I can still play Spotify on Play:3 speaker through SONOS app.

Please help me. What am I missing here?

Hi @realaisles

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Have you already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. 

You can also make sure that all devices are connected to the same WiFi network. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator

My problem was network related. My Ubiquiti access point firmware was broken. Full solution here: https://community.ui.com/questions/Spotify-connect-Chromecast-Sonos-IKEA-Tradfri-woes-UDM-Pro-AP-AC-...

Hi @Novy,

yes,

I have reinstalled the app and deleted the cache as advised. I still only see both Play 1 speakers, but not Play 3. All works normally via the Sonos app, but this is really annoying.

I only have one wireless network.

Maybe to add on it. Play 3 is also directly connected to my Router with Ethernet cable, and serves as a Sonos router as well.

Hey @realaisles,

Thanks for the info.

Can you try to create a mobile hotspot from your phone and connect your phone and speakers to that network.

This way you can check it they're not displaying due to some restrictions on your original WiFi.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts