Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app forgets my default device - please can we have a default device select option

Solved!

Spotify app forgets my default device - please can we have a default device select option

We have an Android tablet in the kitchen that controls lights, displays recipies, and plays music.

Our go to Spotify connect device is a Sony stereo with integrated spotify.  Yet if we don't play music for a couple of hours, Spotify forgets that it was connected and goes back to playing on the tinny Android tablet.

Having the ability to remember and default to a specific Spotify connect device would save everyone having to:

1. Search for music to play (or select it)

2. Music starts playing on local device

3. Stop play, select correct device

4. Restart play.

This is stopping us buying an Amazon Echo Show, because we can't select a default device and we would still have to walk up to the app and select the correct music player.

I'm sure the same issue is on all versions of the mobile app.  

There have been a number of requests for this in the forum, but it never seems to get picked up by Spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I don't think they care, unfortunately.  This would be a great feature.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

I don't think they care, unfortunately.  This would be a great feature.

It's even more frustrating because many of the posts show it solved, but it is most definitely not.  The one post I found directed users to windows settings, which doesn't have the setting they suggest.

This just seems like such an obvious oversight and I should be able to save a default device. I use my spotify through Sonos.. and the spotify searcher in the sonos app is pretty bad. So I use the Spotify App to search the content i want, but everytime I want to play on the speaker, i have to pause, connect and then play again.. such a waste of time. PLEASE SPOTIFY ALLOW ME TO SAVE A DEVICE BY DEFAULT - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We'll give you more information about this.

Currently the option to set a default device is available on Windows 10. You can find more information about it here.

You can also give these steps a go and submit your idea about having this option on other devices as well. That way other users can also support it. Rest assured that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.   

Here you can find more information about how your feedback reaches the right teams. 

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This has been submitted already: Idea

Suggested posts