Plan

Premium

Germany

Device

Pixel 4

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to play music on my Spotify App through my SONOS speaker. I go to an album and try to play a song and Spotify is overriding my selection and forcing me to listen to the weekly playlist. I try to pause the music and it plays another song instead. I force quit the song in the Android OS and the problem persist. I also reset my SONOS speakers and it's still a problem. 

I went through a laborious set of steps to fix this problem by looking through the forums and it's still not a fixed. 

I also have work phone that happens to be an Iphone and the problem persist there as well.

Please help!

14 Replies

Hey @Jmckinno,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

Can you double-check so that you have the latest Sonos firmware?

Another useful step is to restart your router.

If the issue persist - can you try with another internet connection?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello Jeremy,

To be honest I found your response quite offensive. 

I like many other users have only one internet connection at home, by saying that I should use another connection means, that I should either get a new contract with my provider or move my SONOS speakers into a new home. Sorry that wasn't advice at all.

I wouldn't be wasting my time asking for help if I didn't make sure my firmware was already up to date on both SONOS speakers and Spotify. As for restarting my router, why would I do that? My other ioT and network connect devices are behaving normally, as I have network monitoring software. 

You've suggested so much, but not had a look into the Spotify app and to see what the actual issues are with your product.

Maybe someone with real experience in these issues can chime in.

Hey again @Jmckinno,

Thank you for your reply. We're sorry that you feel that way. We want to help you the best way we can.

Some things that might seems obvious to you might not be obvious to somebody else. We're sorry if that made you feel offended.

Can you perform a clean reinstall? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

JeremyModerator

After a few seconds trying to listen to music from my favourite list it jumps to songs that I don't have in my list even I don't know which relation they have with my list.

Spotify Android app version: 8.5.94.839

Android version:10

Hey @Bartafel,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

Can you confirm if you performed a clean reinstall that was provided earlier in this thread? If not - we suggest that you do that 🙂

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Keep us in the loop.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

I'm having the same problem!

While playing music from my playlist, music stops and a random song starts. I've never played these songs so I don't understand neither why it starts playing these totally unknown songs.

Besides, also when the app is off, it autonomously opens and starts playing music.

I've tried a clear reinstall as you suggested but nothing changes.

Please help, it is driving me crazy

This problem is affecting both my android and ios versions of the app on both my phones. ( I have an iPhone from work).  I reinstalled the app and the problems are persistent.  It's not an install issue, it's a software problem with your app. 

Hey @GiadaF and @Jmckinno,

Thanks for your replies on this thread.

Could you try clearing the Play Queue? If that doesn't help, we recommend checking this article and following the steps you'll find there.

Let us know if this does the trick. We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I'm still not be able to play my music... I have tried even the Spotify webplayer and also happens the same issue. I also logged off all the devices or accounts and changed the password but the issue still remains...

I try to attach some videos to show you the error Android and webplayer

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the info.

@Bartafel, have you tried to Log out everywhere and then log in only on one single device, like you phone or the web player? Let us know if this issue still persists. Also did you try logging in with a new free account or the account of a friend? Also, does this happen at a specific time of day or it's regardless of time. If you have any scheduling app, like Google clock enabled, this might play music automatically at scheduled times.

Looking forward to your replies. 

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As I said, I have logged out from all devices. This time I have tried with my Wife's Spotify account and it works like a charm. It seems to be an account issue but I'm not able to solve it... Could you please help me? Thanks

Hi again @Bartafel

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We'd suggest taking a look at this article where you'll find a few more tips on how to secure your account. 

In case your music is still being interrupted, you can check the recommendations in this article or reach out to our Support team here. They'll be happy to assist you further and make sure that there's no one accessing your account without your authorization.

If anything else comes up, we're just one message away.

Have a nice day.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi All, 

The same thing is happening to me. Spotify starts my playlist and then suddenly plays random regaetton songs which I absolutely hate. Imagine how annoying it is when I'm driving. I'm reinstalling the app now, if I can't stop it from happening I'll stop using the app 😞

Hey @Just500,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you check your Account page and remove all apps currently connected to your Spotify account? We'd recommend also signing out everywhere and changing your account's password by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts