Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app keeps popping up on its own

Solved!

Spotify app keeps popping up on its own

Using a GS3 with 4.2.2. Basically the spotify app keeps popping up for no good reason in many situations. I dont want the app to start up when I plug in my headphones. The app also opens up every time I unlock the phone from the lock screen. The most annoying however, is that the app pops up in random sitautions. Playing a game? Spotify pops up. Using another player? Spotify pops up. Watching youtube? Spotify pops up. Messaging or using email? Take a guess.  The app itself is so very poor in its settings menu that I cant do anything to change and fix this by using it. Im very open to suggestions before I give up on this service and just move on.

31 Replies

You see.... That's to much. I don't have time for that lol. I just decided to delete the app. I got Amazon music and pandora. I don't need an intrusive aggressive app like that. Thank you for your reply.

It worked for me in a samsung s8, thank you !!!

Using an s8+, I'm still having this issue. Spotify turns on by itself all the time. When in my pocket or even just on the table. Even after I close the app and disable broadcast to other devices.

This started to happen again after the latest spotify update. Spotify keeps popping open eventhought I force close it. I am using Samsung S8.

This is happening my to me as well on a Galaxy S8+ I don't even have to be touching the device and it will pop up, even after clearing cache and restarting the device. I have tried force stopping and reinstalling but the problem persists.. over a month now. I also use the app on an iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, and Android TV with no problems.

Just started for me as well. VERY annoying. ZTE Axon 7 phone.

This has been happening to me as well... I would plug in the charger - Spotify would turn on. I would enter the car with Pandora playing and the bluetooth would turn on and switch over to Spotify.  I would switch it back to Pandora and listen to a song and if I would try to skip to the next song - Spotify would take over. I tried this and it seems to work now:

Settings > Apps > App Manager > Spotify > "Set as default" > Clear defaults

Hope it helps!

Not for me. Those settings aren’t present for me.

Just experienced this as well! It’s 3:27am and I was awoken by loud bass thumping coming from my living room. Turns out Spotify opened on its own, shuffled the playlist I was listening to earlier (at 3pm) and was blasting it on my living room soundbar? I closed the app earlier when I finished playing music and had not turned it back on. 

As I foggily tried to stop the loud thumping and grabbed my phone, I went to Spotify and it slowly opened and took its time to load so it didn’t appear like it was operating as an open app. (You know when an app is open and running and you select it, it pops up quickly. This time it loaded as if it had been closed the whole time and I was selecting to start it - buuut it was actually running and blasting bass???)

Hope a solution comes soon because I don’t want to experience this again. I’ll be mindful of turning Bluetooth off before bed now, though. 

This issue is not "Solved."

I'm having the same issue....always issues with Spotify!  Hey Spotify, how about premium customers get their problems solved??  I've already had ONE separate issue with the app, now I've got TWO!  Could you please fix the issue?

no it does not help

Suggested posts